Varsity football captain to continue his football career at DePauw University

Luca Ferraioli, Staff Writer

Robert Pasinato, Scouts Varsity Football captain, has announced his plans to continue his football career at DePauw University for the next four years. 

DePauw University is located in Greencastle, Indiana, and is a match for Pasinato for several reasons. “I picked DePauw University because the football is amazing and the academics are great. DePauw is a fun school and is a perfect fit for me,” said Pasinato.

Pasinato has been a key asset to the scout’s football program since he made the varsity team at the start of his sophomore year. Robert began his sophomore season as an outside linebacker alongside his older brother, Alex, and transitioned to quarterback by his senior year.

Robert had the honor of leading the scouts as team captain alongside senior Matt Durburg for the 2022 fall season.

“Robert was the best person to have by my side. His skill and command of the field are beyond influential and he is a strong person for younger players to look up to and learn from,” said Durburg.

The scout’s coaching staff commends him for his work on and off the field and are supportive of his next chapter.

“I’m so happy for Bobby on his commitment to DePauw. Bobby was one of our toughest players on the field and one of our best leaders off of it,” said Coach Johnson. “DePauw University is getting a great player and an even better kid.”

Head Coach Spagnoli continued the positive remarks by saying, “Robert was a great player for the Scouts as a 3-year Varsity starter. I am sure he will continue his athletic success as his career blossoms at DePauw. They are lucky to have him.”

Robert’s perseverance and dedication to the sport has allowed him to play collegiate football. Robert is “excited, eager, and enthusiastic” for his upcoming journey on the DePauw football team.