A new turf space for all athletes

A new turf space for all athletes

Matt Durburg, Staff Writer

The Lake Forest, Lake Bluff, and Knollwood communities have been longing for an indoor turf space that is close and usable for all ages. That time has finally come. Introducing The Farm System, a new indoor facility located in Lake Bluff. This state of the art facility is loaded with a full court basketball court, a functioning gym and training area, and over 13,000 sq ft of turf space. 

This community has been waiting for a place like this. The closest indoor turf space, which many athletes are familiar with is Turf Time. Turf Time is located right off of Route 41, north of Lake Bluff. However times are limited and the space itself is not even comparable to what The Farm has to offer. The Farm is located right off Waukegan Rd, just north of Lake Forest Hospital. Only a couple weeks ago, the varsity baseball team began working out at The Farm once a week. It is unbelievably beneficial for baseball players looking to advance their game. They offer a system called Hittrax. This system, along with an auto ball feeding machine, can track your exit velocity and trajectory, giving it a real time outcome on any major league field of your choice. Now that is only for baseball. There is plenty more turf space available for all kinds of sports like lacrosse and soccer, both massive sports at Lake Forest High School. The basketball court is also very professional. With stand alone hoops, this court gives you a real training facility feel, not just any court that was scrapped together. Although the width of the court is slightly small, the full court is still able to fit perfectly in the space provided.

Not only is this a place for high school athletes, but it is also a great place for the younger generation. Middle and elementary school children can come here and learn the basics of the games they are looking to play in the future. They can build their craft in a fundamental way to put them ahead of the competition. 

Starting at some point during the next semester, the Farm System will be looking for members to join the facility. Not only that, but if your sports team is in need of turf space, this is the place to go for it. This place is going to be crucial for all teams at the high school to get their offseason work in. The link for their website is posted here: http://www.thefarmball.com