ScoutNation Update

ScoutNation+Update

Alexandra Mower, Staff Writer

ScoutNation has been doing so much this year and this is only the start. Let’s take a look into what ScoutNation looks like.

Not only has the students section grown from past years, but so has school spirit. ScoutNation director Mrs Kristen Gregory tells us how covid played a big role in bringing up the school spirit. She brings up the fact that students really felt like it was like to not have school spirit.

Mr. Lesniak told senior Rylan Stark that the first football game had the highest attendance he’s ever seen.

There are so many school activities that ScoutNation constantly brings to our attention through all of their social media platforms. 

“Our main goal is to try and get more kids to all of the events so everyone feels supported,” Gregory says.

ScoutNation has started something in the past year where they plan an event each month. Last year they had a wrestling event and Gregory said, “Some of the wrestling kids said it was their favorite wrestling event because they and their friends were there to cheer them on.”

Rylan Stark is a huge part of ScoutNation and has been since her freshman year. She talks about how the meeting works. There are four different groups they highlight: social media, student section, events, and decor. All students are split up amongst these groups to work together and come up with new ideas to bring more spirit to LFHS. 

Stark and Gregory both mention that ScoutNation meetings are every Tuesday in the Wedge Cafe after school and meetings last only until about 4:00. ScoutNation is always accepting more volunteers. 

“I want to start maybe posting what we are doing in each meeting for a blind eye that might be interested,” Stark said.

ScoutNation wants to give everyone an opportunity to be involved in the school events, even if some are not interested.

“School spirit is something that you either are totally against or totally for and it’s something you can always be a part of,” Stark adds.

Helping out with school spirit is never something the school won’t appreciate.