Scouts Lacrosse defeat Warren and Middleton (WI.) adding to their 12 game unbeaten run

Jack Marshall, Staff Writer

The Lake Forest boys’ team has been on a tear as of late, and their win against top ranked Warren and Middleton (WI.) makes them the hottest team in the state. 

Last Wednesday, the Scouts traveled to Warren to take on yet another top five team in the state. Lake Forest was hot, coming off wins against #2 York and #5 Saint Viator. 

The Scouts came out early with two quick transition goals from Jack Carrabine and Brock Uihlein. Warren showed some fight by clawing it back to a 2-2 tie. 

Then, the Scouts broke it open. They rattled off four straight goals to take a 6-2 lead into halftime. They added one more goal in the early second half to make it 7-3. The Defense was the star of the show during all of this. They held Warren to only one goal in the second and third quarter. “We did a great job switching and keeping them in front of us, which was similar to last year’s game plan that worked so well for us. ” Senior Ben Winebrenner said. 

Warren was able to score two late goals but it was ultimately not even to beat the Scouts. They hung on to win 7-5 and continue their monster year. 

Then, 3 days later they took on Middleton during the Scout Barbecue at West Campus. The Scouts kept it close in the first half, but eventually pulled away in the second and third quarters, winning 13-8.

The defense will look to build off these performances heading into the home stretch of this season. The Scouts still have some tough opponents before the playoffs: New Trier and Wheaton academy, but if the defense can play like they did against Warren, the sky is the limit for the Scouts.