“Emerging Artists Exhibit” livens storefronts of Market Square

Colin Martens

Local young artists’ work on display at Starbucks in Market Square

Colin Martens, Staff Writer

If you went for a stroll through downtown Lake Forest these past two weeks, you may have noticed the new decor that has taken over town. A wide variety of student artwork has found its place on display on storefronts. 15 local stores are participating in the promotion of upcoming youth artists.

The Deer Path Art League is currently holding the 15th Annual Artists Exhibit in the windows of Market Square. These pieces are the creations of students ranging from kindergarteners to seniors in high school that attend a Lake Forest or Lake Bluff school. The Deer Path Art League is happy to be back in person to celebrate these artists.

Watercolor pieces from Deer Path Middle School on display at the Forest Bootery (Colin Martens)

Pieces are submitted by art teachers from the 13 schools for the show. The artwork presented encapsulates all areas of the field, with work ranging from drawings and graphic design to ceramics and printmaking. Students from each respective area can be awarded ribbons for their work and will then be presented with the Mayoral Award at the  Lake Forest City Council meeting on May 2.

Artwork from Lake Bluff Elementary on display in Lululemon (Colin Martens)

This Sunday, the Deer Path Art League will be holding a reception for these artists in Market Square from 11:00 – 2:00 p.m. with food provided by The Peanut Gallery. At the reception, student artists will be recognized and families and friends are encouraged to walk around and enjoy the art work outside.

Map Guide of the exhibit (Colin Martens)

All are welcome to join the Deer Path Art League this Sunday to help support these artists. The artwork will be displayed until the end of April. The Deer Path Art League website as well as Instagram, @deerpathartleague, provide more information on this event.