College Corner: Week 7

Colin Martens and Sydney Pitera

Each week, College Corner reviews five seniors on where they have decided to attend next year, what they are most excited about, and what they love about it. 

Name: Sofia Falls 

College: Tulane University 

Major: Architecture

Location: New Orleans, Louisiana

Mascot: Green Wave 

Why Tulane?

“I chose Tulane for many reasons but I think one of the main factors was the unique culture of New Orleans and the new opportunities I would be able to experience if I attended Tulane. Out of all the college tours and visits, I went to Tulane and it was the only school that truly felt like home and the community is so welcoming!” 

What are you most excited about? 

“I am most excited for the architecture school and the five year program I will be doing. There are really unique opportunities that Tulane has for architecture and it has professors from all over the world. I am also definitely looking towards Mardi Gras and all of the fun traditions Tulane has to offer!”

Name: Tommy Newman 

College: Indiana University 

Major: Business

Location: Bloomington, Indiana 

Mascot: Hoosier

Why Indiana?

“I chose Indiana because they are a prestigious university and have a good business school. Also, when I visited, the campus was beautiful.”

What are you most excited about? 

“I’m excited about meeting new people and exploring a new area outside of Lake Forest. But I’m most excited to start a new chapter of my life.”

Name: Abby Hanlon   

College: Texas Christian University

Major: Strategic Communication 

Location: Fort Worth, Texas 

Mascot: Horned Frog 

Why TCU?

“When I first realized I wanted to do something design-related I randomly found the school when researching schools. And then I realized TCU was totally my ideal college setting and it quickly became my dream school. When I toured the campus, I met with a strategic communication major and instantly fell in love with their program because it combined everything from design to public relations and communication which I think is really cool.”

What are you most excited about? 

“I am most excited about meeting new people from all over and finding people with similar interests as me.”

Name: Jack Upfold 

College: University of Illinois Urbana Champaign 

Major: Business

Location: Champaign, IL

Mascot: Fighting Illini

Why Illinois? 

“When I first applied to schools, Illinois was not really a school that interested me too much. After I found out I got into their Gies Business school, my parents thought it would be a good idea to check it out. After my visit, I thought it was a great fit for me and had all the resources I needed with a fun environment around it.”

What are you most excited about?

“I am most excited to be able to meet new people and be a part of a fun school environment that will really make the next four years enjoyable. I am also excited to rush and go to the basketball games.”

Name: Paige Roby 

College: Boston College 

Major: Undecided

Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts

Mascot: Eagles

Why BC? 

“I felt really well connected with the campus and students when I toured BC. I love how it is still a large school, but the class sizes are small. I heard from many students that the professors are very committed to teaching and establishing connections with undergrads. Overall, I just felt accepted and at home.”

What are you most excited about? 

“I’m so excited to go into downtown Boston with the other Eagles. I want to get involved in service oriented classes as well as sports like sailing and skiing. Also can’t wait to cheer on the hockey team!”