Scouts Tennis Edges Out Barrington, Looks to Stay Undefeated 

Edward Torosian, Staff Writer

After a tense week of preparation for the intimidating Barrington squad, the boys tennis team traveled west and came back with their second straight win of the season. 

The meet came down to the final point of the final match. Bosnjak aced the Barrington doubles team to put the tiebreak score to 11-10, and the match ended on the next point with a double fault by Barrington. The doubles team of Tony Bosnjak and Evan Keating clinched the win for Lake Forest, making the winning call on Barrington’s missed second serve on match point in a tiebreak.

Bosnjak and Keating’s win was the tipping point for the Scouts, putting them over the edge for a 5-3 win.

“It felt great to win such a close match, but it felt even better to have all my teammates behind us,” said Bosnjak. “It was the best win of my high school career.”

Barrington is a top tennis team in the state, according to Bosnjak, but the Scouts were ready for them. Sophomore Kareem Alsikafi won in singles, and the doubles teams of Sam Shen and Kaden Wilhelm, Sam Kernahan and Brad Traeger, and Andrew Terkildsen and Jake Terry all came out swinging as well, securing wins against the Broncos.

“[It] felt great, I think it was a great way to open up my season and hopefully continue to win throughout the season,” junior Jake Terry said after the team’s nail-biting win.

With a record of 2-0, the team has now set their sights on Glenbrook North and Warren Township this week, as they look to continue their undefeated season.

“That was a season-defining win,” said junior Kaden Wilhelm. We’re just looking good.”