Calling All Seniors For The Images of Excellence Mural

Annie Kelly, Staff Writer

Each year students are selected for their chance to be pictured on the Lake Forest High School Images of Excellence mural. This tradition is always one to look forward to because it is a time to celebrate the achievements of students at LFHS. And now, the time has come for the Class of 2021 to be on the wall. 

In order to be represented by the Boosters you must apply for the Outstanding Senior Athlete Award (OSAA). Last years award winners include Halle Douglass, Rylie Mills, Grace McGowan, and Benjamin Rosa. 

The Outstanding Senior Athlete Award is given, specifically from the Booster Committee,  to seniors who encompass great athletic performance, sportsmanship,  and spirit that represents the Scouts in the best way possible. It is available to seniors who have participated in sports at LFHS during their high school careers.  Four awards are given to two outstanding female and two outstanding male athletes. The winners will be given a $1000 award, and have their images  prominently displayed on the Images of Excellence mural located at West Campus. 

Applications for the award starts April 15th, and are due April 29th. Seniors can apply here  for the OSAA. During the application process if  any questions or concerns come up feel free to contact LFHS Booster Grant Committee Members Alana Hender, Catherine Gildersleeve, and/or Amy Kelly.  

When the winners are selected the unveiling of the wall will take place in the Fall of 2021. The images of these excellent athletes will stay up throughout the 2021-2022 school year. Seniors, apply now for this once in a lifetime opportunity to represent your school and your achievements!