Scout Shout Out

Scout Shout Out

Good deeds, kind behavior, and important accomplishments deserve to be recognized. The Scout Shout-Out is an opportunity for Scouts of all types to honor each other when we demonstrate the values that are most important to us. If you would like to recognize a fellow Scout for kindness, hard work, personal accomplishments or any other contribution to our community, please visit here.

Mia Fabre

What happened: Mia is a constant beacon of emotional support to all of her peers in class discussions. She always brings out everyone’s best and supports their needs with positive, reinforcing comments.

Personal Message: Thank you for always bringing the positivity Mia!! 

Who Made the Shout-Out: Ms. Pranke & Mr. Harmsen

Ms. Katie Pausch

What happened: Ms. Pausch always goes above and beyond in her work and commitment to the LFHS community. She’ll set aside multiple hours on a Saturday to support the Debate team by judging tournaments, she developed outstanding library programming, systems, and resources while we were in the building, and continues to make the most out of these circumstances today!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Kendall Scholly

What happened: Kendall is an exceptional teacher and support in our 8th period biology class. She brings great energy and enthusiasm with a willingness to teach and learn with her peers. We couldn’t do it without you Kendall, thank you so much for all of your hard work and support!!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Mr. Harmsen & Ms. Pranke

Stephanie Garvey

What happened: Stephanie just returned from maternity leave and hit the ground running supporting her students.  She is constantly brainstorming ideas to support students & their families.

Personal Message: Thank you!  I’ve asked myself 5,000 times what we would do without her!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Sra. Abel

Sky Ladurini

What happened: They have always been there for anyone who needs help or support, even though their own stuff they continuously help others no matter what.

Personal Message: Sky is the most humble and giving person I have ever known. They continue to help others even through their own issues. They are so kind and welcoming to anyone who needs help or even just positive reinforcement. Sky deserves recognition for how much they validate and support other people. The world needs more people like Sky.

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Mr. Mergl and Mrs. Metz

What happened: I go to the MRC almost every day for math help and just to stay in touch with my teachers! Mr. Mergl and Mrs. Metz are extremely helpful in pinpointing the individual needs and learning strategies for each student to help them learn best. They are also very patient and help students persevere! Lastly, Mrs. Metz and Mr. Mergl make a great team and are extremely positive! They are fun to talk to about math and more!

Personal Message: Thanks for helping me with geometry throughout the first semester! It helped me improve a lot! -Mims (Amelia Fontana)

Who Made the Shout-Out: Amelia Fontana

Ben Kras

What happened:This year due to the virus, it has been more difficult to study than any year before it. Stress that comes along with joining a new school along with the difficulty studying meant that I saw my grades rapidly decrease. Luckily, Ben Kras also known as Beonby created music that helped me focus on studying. Listening to his music while working on projects and homework helped me finish quicker and doing a better job. I saw my grades return to the level that I was expecting, while some of my grades went even higher. Ben’s music also decreased the amount of stress I have which let to me feeling a lot happier and being able to sleep easier. Overall, Ben’s music has not only helped my performance in school but also my personal health.

He makes incredible music that has gotten me through such hard times in life, especially during the pandemic.

Who Made the Shout-Out: Florian Florentinus

Marilyn Obiala

What happened: Mrs. O’s (as she is known) dedication and loyalty to LFHS is unmatched!  She works incredibly hard to help both students and teachers.  If I’m absent, I never have worries when she is on the job!  And, she’s got a great sense of fashion 😉  I appreciate her SO much.

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Alexander Puch

What happened: He always makes class more interesting with his personality and facts he brings. He is an integral part of the character of EB biology.

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Darren Barndt

What happened: Darren is a friendly face at the RMA doors as LFHS continues to provide opportunities for students to physically pick-up or drop-off items on campus. Darren is our unofficial  “Point Person” here in our building by helping teachers organize materials, that include 25 lbs blocks of clay, complete desktop computers, textbooks, and so much more ) and making himself available on Tuesday and Friday mornings and afternoons to help those students coming into the RMA.

Personal Message: A warm greeting and a helpful hand go along the way during these difficult and stressful days!!  THANK YOU DARREN!!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Catherine Wilbur

What happened: Catherine’s kindness is what we all need. I needed help with my math, and she helped so much!! She was so kind and patient throughout the process!! Go Catherine!

Personal Message: Thank you Catherine!!! You are amazing and a rockstar!!!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Meaghan Cook

What happened: Mrs. Cook is such a great teacher. She is very kind and genuinely loves her students. I look forward to her class each day and it is the only class I feel like I can say what I want without being judged. 

Personal Message Thank you, Mrs. Cook!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Ameena Alsikafi

What happened:Ameena is always ready to help out a peer who doesn’t understand material in class.  She is always has a positive attitude and can make people laugh. Ameena is always willing to talk to me about literally anything! She is a truly amazing student and friend.

Personal Message:Thank you for being such a great friend and for all the laughs so far this year!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Jo Kudla

What happened: Jo works with diligence and compassion to keep the LFHS students and staff safely cared for. Her quiet demeanor belies the strength with which she has approached this pandemic and the myriad of challenges it presents. We are fortunate to have Ms. Kudla.

Personal Message: Thank you so much for taking care of us, Jo.

Who Made the Shout-Out: Ms. Rogna

Sona Hawkins

What happened: Sona was really helpful as I came into LFHS this semester. It was difficult adjusting to the new environment but Sona explained everything and made sure I had figured it out. I am very thankful that she was so willing to help me out!

Personal Message: Hi Sona! You are such an amazing person and I feel like people don’t tell you that enough. Thanks for being such an awesome friend!  – Ana

Who Made the Shout-Out: Ana Dollard

Patrick Sassen

What happened: Dr. Sassen lives the principles of servant leadership everyday, whether he is helping LFHS’ move back to hybrid learning by making sure students and staff have a safe space in the building or by facilitating a meeting with parents, teachers, and Student Services faculty members around student supports.

Personal Message: Thank you!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Sra. Abel

Margot Pierce

What happened: Margot’s fantastic remote learning engagement

Personal Message: Margot is fantastic at giving visual feedback while in remote learning.  I as a teacher get tired of looking a blank faces, so Margot’s nods, shakes, smiles and thumbs up/down is a treat.  Thank you Margot for being engaged and empathetic.

Who Made the Shout-Out: Mr. Landvick

Joey Kowalik

What happened: Thank you, Joey for your organization, support, and leadership.  I appreciate all you do to support the growth of our students and the Special Education department. Also, thank you for taking the lead while I took some time to refresh and refocus!!!  A big hug for you.

Who Made the Shout-Out: Dr. Sterpin

Coach Cindy Dell

What happened: Almost two months ago, the IHSA put the Boy’s Swim and Dive season on pause, but no one can put Cindy Dell on pause. During this time, Cindy has continued to hold swim practice and push her swimmers as hard as she can through the confines of a Google Meet. Even though no other school in the conference has continued to hold daily practices, Cindy has not missed any opportunity to push her swimmers to the next level, especially over holiday break.

Personal Message: Thank You for Everything That You Do For the Team!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Hunter Hallas

What happened.

Hunter is super cool and nice to everyone! He is supper funny and always makes me smile :DDDD

Personal Message: Hunter during class making me giggle. Always milk smile making me happy (Inside joke ;D). Hunter loves to play DVDs and fix DVD players. Sometimes Hunter is really artistic and loves to paint. Hunter is a renaissance man!!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Dave Gray, John Brummin-Smith and Patrick Schulze

What happened: They have been at virtual swim and dive practice everyday since 11/20 giving support, providing levity and truly being the best coaches we could ask for!

Personal Message: Thank you Dave, Pat and John!  You are the best! 

Who Made the Shout-Out: Ms. Dell

Katie Secker, Dana Taylor, Heather Vogler, Peter Kelly, Joey Kowalik, Scott Gilbert

What happened: Thank you for leadership and commitment to the course placement process. I am lucky to partner with each of you every day!!!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Dr. Sterpin

Processed with VSCO with m5 preset

Lauren Kingsley

What happened: Whenever I’m struggling or feeling down, Lauren never fails to provide support and give me advice. She has always been there for me and has never failed to improve my day. She is such a positive, fun, and caring person and I’m so lucky to have gotten to know her since middle school.

Personal Message: Hi Lauren! Thank you so much for letting me turn to you for help and for always brightening my day! I hope we get to swim together soon!

Who Made the Shout-Out:Anonymous