Which summer festival are you most looking forward to this year?

Veterans Day Tribute: What They Bear

Dear Lord,

Today we honor our veterans,

worthy men and women

who gave their best

when they were called upon

to serve and protect their country.

We pray that you will bless them, Lord,

for their unselfish service

in the continual struggle

to preserve our freedoms, our safety,

and our country’s heritage, for all of us.

Bless them abundantly

for the hardships they faced,

for the sacrifices they made

for their many different contributions

to America’s victories

over tyranny and oppression.

We respect them, we thank them,

we honor them, we are proud of them,

and we pray that you will watch over

these special people

and bless them with peace and happiness.

In Jesus’ name we pray; Amen.

– Joanna Fuchs –

Today we honor our veterans, our warriors and protectors. Men and women who have traveled through the valley of death and lived to tell their story. Today we pay homage to the sad eyes, the leathery hands, and the war torn hearts of the people who were called upon to protect not only their loved ones but also the loved ones of the country they fight so passionately for.

To the civilian mind, Veterans Day is a day of thanks and a day to spend time with that one person you know who so unselfishly served. The day can be described by the civilian mind as a day of star struck flags waving so gallantly in the wind and the sense of pride swarming the nation. Personally, Veterans Day represents the understanding and pride for the men and women from all backgrounds defending those who couldn’t.

To a Veteran, this day can be…emotional, needless to say. This day can be a day of pride and sense of accomplishment for some Veterans. For those Veterans, this day can be a wonderful day of pride filling your body as you look around at people from all around the country giving thanks for your honorable service.

Sadly though, Veterans Day can be one of the hardest days of the year for veterans. For veterans, the wounds on their skin may heal but their wounds on their hearts in some cases never fully recover. Although the battle is over for veterans, they are fighting their own war each day, and the enemy are the demons that war had bestowed on them.

The haunting sounds of war, the smell of gunpowder, blood trickling down your face, the sound of your best friend screaming your name and begging for your hand. Sometimes the worst wounds that veterans get aren’t the ones to their arms or face but to their mind and heart.

Without a doubt Veterans Day can be an emotional day for many of whom still see the shadows of the ones they used to call brothers but it’s undeniable that Veterans Day can and will be a passionate day. This day is a time for millions across the country to take a step back and thank men and women who have answered the highest calling and accepted their fate. With stars in their eyes and stripes in their hearts, the very day shall live on for generations as a day of reconcile and national pride.

Thank you men and women of the armed forces for your selfless act of courage and bravery to uphold life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for the american people.

Happy Veterans Day!