Enviro Club brings Earth Week to LFHS

Ava Manelis, Editor

On Monday the world will celebrate Earth Day, where people around the world demonstrate their support for environmental protection. More than 190 countries participate, and here at LFHS, Enviro Club is hosting an “Earth week” to celebrate Earth day and help save our Earth.

The LFHS Enviro club is made up of around 30 members who created a theme for each day next week. Each theme offers a different way you can help save the environment.

Monday will be “wear green Monday” to show off your love for the environment. This will be a great start to Earth week, and a very easy day for everyone to participate in.

Tuesday is “take-a-hike Tuesday,” but also just a day to go outside. Whether it be taking a walk, riding your bike instead of driving places, or just sitting outside for lunch, Tuesday is a day to enjoy the world around us.

Wednesday is “water bottle Wednesday,” where students are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle. To help you out with this one, Enviro Club will be selling their very own nalgene water bottles at lunch all week for $15. Make sure you get one during your lunch period!

Thursday will be “thrifted clothes Thursday,” where students are encouraged to wear thrifted clothes in hopes that they will reuse clothes, rather than buy new stuff.

And finally, Friday will be “free plant Friday,” where students can get free plants from Enviro club. You can pick up a plant from their stand in the lunchroom all day on Friday.

As well as their one-of-a-kind nalgenes, the Enviro club will be selling stickers for $2 during all lunch periods next week.

More information will be posted on their Instagram (@lfhsenviroclub) all week long.