Boys Baseball Spring Break Recap

Boys Baseball Spring Break Recap

Thursday (3/28): Scouts defeat Friendship Christian, 4-3

Michael Vallone started the game for the Scouts and picked up a no decision in four scoreless innings with 4 strikeouts and only 1 walk. Brady Christoph blew a save in the 8th after a two run double, but claimed the win after a Morrison groundout in the 9th. Overall, the Scouts’ pitchers (Vallone, Nowik, Christoph) struck out 12 batters.

As for batting, the Scouts found success once again. Matthew Birtman batted .500 with a run  and a stolen base, while frequent power hitters Peter Turelli, Breck Nowik, and Connor Morrison all had big hits. Morrison in particular also scored and stole a base, while Turelli’s double hit in Will Davis. However, it was Morrison’s groundout in the top of the 9th that scored senior Landen Messner and secured the victory.

Friday (3/29): Scouts defeat Munford, 8-1

Peter Turelli pitched four scoreless innings and gave up only one hit with three strikeouts. Connor Morrison claimed the save with three innings of one run ball while striking out three.

Once again, it was junior Matthew Birtman who led the charge for the Scouts hitting in his five batting appearances; Birtman batted .400 with an RBI and a stolen base. Steve Antrim also contributed a hit of his own, good for two RBIs. The destruction was complete when shortstop Brack Nowik lead off the sixth with a triple leading to a four run inning.

Friday (3/29): Grace Christian Academy defeat Scouts, 4-3

Colin Lochiatto started and was followed by Birtman who eventually got the loss during his time on the bump. The junior class led the charge offensively as Breck Nowik, Charlie Marks, and Luke Chlystek all had multiple hits.

Coach Del Fava had this to say about the first loss of the year; “We battled hard. They were a good team and we hung in there, but in the end, it wasn’t enough.”

Saturday (3/30): Scouts defeat Noblesville High School, 8-2

Luke Chlystek threw four great innings only giving up four hits and a run while striking out five. Ryan Antrim relieved Chlystek in the fifth, allowing only one more run before tallying to the Scouts win total.

Offensively, the Scouts totaled nine hits, with Brady Christoph going 3 for 4 with 3 doubles and an RBI. Conner Morrison’s two run homer in the top of the fifth but the nail in the coffin against Noblesville.

Overall, this Scouts team should be very pleased with their performance, taking down some of Tennessee’s finest talent and previewing what could be a very exciting season.

About the Writers
John Torosian, Managing Editor

John Torosian is a senior at Lake Forest High School and the current Managing Editor of TFS who keeps himself busy playing golf, tennis, and swimming....

Danny Fisher, Author

Danny Fisher is a member of the varsity golf team and is looking forward to studying in Oxford next year. He enjoys writing in the In the News section...