Everyone wins at ELS game

Hailey Swisher, Staff Writer

Once again the excitement and school spirit in the gym during the ELS game Friday showed why it’s one of the strongest traditions at LFHS.

As the students competed, chants of “SCO” followed by “UTS” echoed from the audience. The stands were packed with students. Their support radiated off of everyone in the room and gave the ELS students the confidence to play their best, as well as have a lot of fun.

Nicolette Bevis, a freshman in the ELS class, enjoyed her first ELS basketball game. “I had so much fun,” she said.

The game not only means so much to the ELS students, but to their peer buddies as well. They enjoy watching the students’ hard work pay off.

“It’s so amazing to see the student body and faculty come together to support this amazing tradition,” said senior peer buddy Lucy Rubenstein. “The students played so well, and I know it meant so much to all of them to look up see, the packed stands, and hear the support from all of their peers.”

The Education Life Skills specializes in helping students with special needs. Each year they host a basketball game against rival New Trier High School. This year LFHS won 42-32. The team remains undefeated at home against New Trier.

The game started off strong with Lake Forest in the lead from the start. Every Lake Forest player scored at least one basket.

The season is not over for ELS students, however. They have been preparing all week for their away game this Friday.