Emcee Auditions

Emcee Auditions

Will Davis

Perhaps one of Lake Forest High School’s more impressive traditions, the APT Talent Show has been a mainstay within the high school for the last decade. Already filled with numerous musical, dance and comedic acts this year, the Talent Show is only missing one thing so that it is able to run efficiently and effectively: 

In past years, emcees of the talent show have been able to use their own unique style to create an entertaining and engaging experience for all in attendance. The absence of emcees is a crucial issue but also presents great opportunities for the entire student

The process itself is very easy. Tryouts will take place Dec. 5th at 3:30 P.M. after school in the RMA. All you need in order to try out is a short and witty, but also informational rough draft of a monologue you would like to perform. There isn’t a more welcoming and excited group than the talent show judges, so there truly is no reason for nerves or

Some benefits of being an emcee include getting to work closely with parents, staff and students alike, improving public speaking and communication skills, and also being able your own creativity to

Emcee tryouts are open to any and all students (not just seniors) this year. You are also able and encouraged to tryout for the emcee position with a partner or two. The APT has emphasized that partnerships or groups of three are best for the position as it allows students to work together and bounce ideas off of each

Don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity to be one of the emcees of the talent show this year! Make sure to be in the RMA at 3:30 P.M. after school on Dec. 5th to begin your journey into one of LFHS’ most storied traditions.

Will Davis, Editor

Will Davis is in his second year as a contributor for The Forest Scout. He plays baseball and soccer and also serves as the basketball team's statistician...