Girls Basketball Snags Fourth Win

John Torosian, Guest Girls Basketball Reporter

VERNON HILLS, Ill. — After a 57-32 win over Elk Grove last Saturday night, the Scouts (4-0) managed to pick up another win last night back at Vernon Hills High School against Vernon Hills. With both the Scouts and the Cougars determined to keep their 3-0 winning streaks alive, it’s no secret that the stakes were high for this early season matchup; at the half, the Scouts led by just two.

Lake Forest extended their lead to three in the 3rd Quarter, and following a strong 4th, came up on top by five. Sophomore Molly Fisher (12 points, six rebounds, three steals), along with junior Halle Douglass (ten points, ten rebounds, eight assists) and senior Grace Tirzmalis (nine points, seven rebounds, three steals) led the charge, and additionally sophomore Olivia Witte and senior Ellie Pearson contributed to eight rebounds and five steals.

This win propelled the Scouts to 200 total points on the season so far, an impressive achievement just four games into the season. That being said, half of Lake Forest’s victories have been by margins of five points or less, so it is the last-second efforts of the Scouts that are ultimately reflected in their record.

Later today, the Scouts will head back to Vernon Hills to face off against Antioch High School. The Sequoits (0-3) are coming off of a 10-43 loss at the hands of Vernon Hills, so look for the Scouts to produce another strong showing.