Wheely Wednesdays are Back

Wheely Wednesday is back and better than ever! Catch Paige Halminiak skirting around the halls in her brand new hot pink sparkly Heelys! This trend is not new to LFHS as it has become a tradition for seniors to blade through the halls each week.

Heelys are a brand of roller shoe that have one or more removable wheels embedded in each sole which allows the wearer to walk, run, or roll by shifting their weight to their heels. This years senior class is so excited to have revived the trend from three years ago.

The “Wheely Wednesdays” trend originally started with the 2016 senior class. Lucy Ward was the senior who originated the idea. Ward says, “I think we just started it because we thought it’d be fun and the floors in the high school are so smooth, so it was perfect. We originally wanted to do it junior year, but we decided it would be perfect for senior year!” At the time there were no rules or restrictions against them. “We all had them in middle school so we thought it would be funny to bring them back,” said Ward. Clearly this has become a day seniors look forward to and will be recurring throughout the school year. Stay tuned to see more funky Heelys next week!

Wheely Wednesdays are Back 1