Which senior superlative best describes you?

Inspirations of the Heart: The Bielski Effect

Mrs. Bielski and I.

Do y’all know Carolyn Bielski? If not, I strongly recommend you take her classes if you’re interested in any art or digital art. She’s awesome. 

Carolyn Bielski is a Graphic Design and art teacher. She is very helpful, nice, and is a fantastic artist herself. If you need help on how to create a graphic or any piece of art, she is the one to go to. Before her class, I didn’t know what graphic design was. I thought this was going to be a boring class, but it turned out to be really fun. The skills you must implement in Graphic Design can be hard to hack at first, but with time, you can navigate them easily. 

For example, color theory really matters when creating designs. Let’s say you take a picture, which is brown and yellow or neon and neon. That is going to be hard to create a nice and artistic design because, when they’re paired, they make horrible contrast colors. This is a skill you can use later in life. 

I took Bielski’s class my freshman year during e-learning. We were learning the basics about graphic designs. As I mentioned before, color theory can play a big part when creating your design. 

After playing around with color theory, here are some reasons I recommend you take Graphic Design. 

• Unleash your creativity. 

I never knew I had this creative side of me. I’m not that good at physical art, but I became passionate about digital art. This class lets you express yourself virtually and explore your artistic side. 

• Learn valuable marketing and photoshop skills. 

Another reason to take graphic design is that you can develop valuable skills. You’ll learn how to use design software, such as Adobe Photograph and Creative Cloud, to understand how color theory works and how to create eye-catching visuals. 

This is one of my proudest projects. I added digital drawings to Moneybagg Yo’s album cover for his album Time Served Deluxe.

If you plan on taking Graphic Design, you should expect a few things every day. For instance, be prepared to brainstorm your ideas for the project at hand. On top of learning color theory, you’ll learn other techniques from Bielski, such as typography, design principles, and other creative tools; meaning, you’ll learn how to blend letters in with something else like a wall or water or whatever image you choose to blend in with. 

You will also have some collaborative projects where you can work with classmates and create something artistic and cool. Most importantly, you will also receive feedback from Bielski and peers to help improve your designs. You will also have to put your skills to the test with the independent work time you have to create your own designs. 

At the end of the class, you might have opportunities to present your work, which can be inspiring to other class members. Each day can bring new challenges and exciting opportunities in the world of graphic design. 

Personally, I have had a fun time in this class. I learned so many things. This class is really fun and isn’t just about art theories as you’re really getting your hands dirty (well, not literally) with the exposure to different mediums to create visuals. 

This photo is of me. I added a lighting effect with a smoke element. I also duplicated myself on the left and right side for greater effect.

You can also push your creative boundaries. Like I said before, you can share your designs and work with others. I sometimes use my imagination to create a graphic design but other times it is just random. You will use Adobe photoshop to create your amazing pieces, which have some amazing tools. It is a really enjoyable class, plus creating something unique and impactful is awesome. Now, I am creating more graphic designs. People like my designs. 

I also wanted to thank Carolyn Bielski. With her encouragement, I now know what graphic design is and how to create some visuals without any help. Also, if anybody needs me to create a graphic for them, I would be happy to do it as I want to help others learn how to as well.

In this photo, I experimented with fire and smoke effects.

She helped me and taught me a few things about graphic design that would help me create an amazing piece, and I would be able to take with me in the future. I will always remember Mrs. Bielski. I will always remember my first graphic design piece. She has had a big impact on me in the graphic design world. She made me want to create more designs by telling me to add more effects or elements into my designs. I will also remember her helping me embrace my graphic pieces to become more creative. She is an artistic mentor, and has inspired me to follow in her footsteps. As I embark on the next chapter of my life, I want to be someone else’s mentor.