Which senior superlative best describes you?

What Are Seniors Going To Miss Most About LFHS?

Graphic created by Ashton Peterson
Graphic created by Ashton Peterson

As the year winds down, there are a lot of mixed emotions among students roaming the halls, especially in the senior commons. As I sit and watch all of my fellow students mope around the senior commons with their eyes glued to their phones and their heads down, I can tell that they are very eager to leave the place that has raised them from wide-eyed middle schoolers to young adults. 

While we are all excited for summer to start, I know some if not all seniors are a little sad that they won’t be here again next year. For some the thought hasn’t crossed their minds, but for others that thought has been racing through their minds. 

We are going to be leaving this place and we will never return again as students. How much of this place are we going to miss? How much of this place are we gonna look back on and say I wish I did that? How much of this place are we gonna regret? 

So, seniors, what are you going to miss most about LFHS?

“I’m excited to leave but I’ll miss my friends.” -Scott Quackenbush

“I’m going to miss the amazing community at LFHS.” -Ben Arsenault

“I’m going to miss running alongside my teammates on the track field.” -Kevin Gustafson

“I am going to miss seeing my friends every morning in the senior commons.” -Jack Cushing

“I’m going to miss the random fire alarms due to sophomore vaping” -Florian Florentinus

“I’m going to miss the study hall rant sessions.” -Ainsley Mitchell

“I’m going to miss the underclassmen.” -Angelina Slomba

I think it’s important that we all look back at our time at LFHS, in our last days at our school. We should talk to our classmates that we haven’t talked to since middle school. We should talk to our freshman-year teachers who watched us grow. We should enjoy our last days as much as possible because one day we’re going to look back at our time at LFHS and regret not talking to that one person at school.