Which senior superlative best describes you?

Chris Chouinard: 50 Years of Coaching

Photo courtesy of LFHS Athletic Office Facebook. Chouinard (left) next to friend and mentor Roger Hartman (right)

Coach Chris Chouinard met another tremendous milestone on Monday, May 9, reaching 50 consecutive years of coaching at LFHS. With his dedication to LFHS athletics, Chouinard continued to cement himself as an LFHS legend. 

Chouinard was recognized during the Senior Night ceremony for his amazing accomplishment. Met by former Varsity Head Coach Roger Hartman, Chouinard was awarded a trophy to commend him for his dedication to LFHS soccer.

Chouinard, who was first hired as a social studies teacher in 1974, also began his coaching career that same year. Encouraged by his good friend and mentor Hartman, Chouinard agreed to be a coach for the Boys Varsity soccer team. Once Hartman retired as the Head Coach, Chouinard became the new Varsity Head Coach. In the last 50 years, Chouinard has coached boys and girls soccer, and sometimes both in the same year. Throughout his career as a coach, Chouinard has coached every level from Varsity to Freshman for both the boys and girls teams. 

At this point in his career, Chouinard is an Assistant Coach for the girls freshman soccer team. 

“Coach Chouinard always kept us motivated,” freshman Marissa Graham said. “Every practice was a competition”

Not only does Chouinard use his experience to give his current players a better understanding of soccer, but former players of Chouinard never forgot the things he taught them. 

Coach Chouinard has devoted countless hours to improve Scouts soccer, and his contribution is unremarkable. Scout athletics is lucky to have a man with such dedication. Congratulations to Coach Chouinard on 50 consecutive years of coaching!