Which senior superlative best describes you?

Music in My Veins

Graphic created by Lamontae Bradin.
Graphic created by Lamontae Bradin.

Hey, are there any music people out there? I have a question for you. What was the first song you remember listening to? Did anybody in your life inspire you to listen to music? I don’t know about you, but music is part of me. 

I wasn’t into music when I was young. But, as I was growing up, every time I was with my dad, he always played music. I wasn’t really paying attention, but when I turned 10, I started listening to the music he played and began to ask him about the songs. From there, I would add it to my playlist. The first song I listened to was Freestyle by Lil Baby, which quickly became my favorite song because of how catchy it was. 

I then started listening to Young Dolph, and I appreciated the rawness of the way his music flowed. I started listening to music on my own time at age 12. I was really into artists like 50 Cent, Moneybagg Yo, 42 Dugg, NLE Choppa, Migos, Offset, etc. As time went by, I was listening to more and more artists, and listening to music became habitual. 

Not only did my dad play music, but he also inspired me to listen to music more often. As I got older, I started to make beats and write lyrics. I saw my dad making his own beats and writing his own lyrics. He sent me one of his songs and it sounded amazing. 

Another person who inspired me to listen to music is my cousin Keontae. Keontae likes more “hype” music, like Antidote by Travis Scott. Rappers like Travis Scott, Young Thug, 

Juice World, and Lil Yachty were added to my playlist because of Keontae’s influence.  

Keontae wasn’t the only one who put me onto some great songs, Sean Forman and Ayden Burke did, too. They also hype me up on the track field with music.

Ayden Burke and I.

Music can help you in many different ways. If someone asked me to list 10 things I can’t live without, music would easily be within the top five. 

I listen to music all the time

I play music when I’m working out, especially on heavier days when I’m trying to build more strength because it really hypes me up. I also listen to music when I’m struggling to do homework because, without it, it gets so plain. I even listen to it if I’m just bored or tired and am in need of some motivation to get out of bed in the morning; music inspires me to be more energetic. Music embraces me. 

But, because I love doing my own thing, I also make my own beats and write my own lyrics. 

There are so many songs I like listening to but it depends on how I feel. A song that best represents me is My Dawg by 21 Savage and Metro Boomin because it depicts loyalty and friendship. I am loyal to all of my friends. We all have that one friend from early childhood, middle school, or your first year of high school that you just instantly clicked with. The line “That’s my dawg, he go ride” is meaningful to me because having your friend’s back is important. It’s the same thing with my dawgs Ayden, Leo, Tony and all my other friends. I make sure to be there for them no matter what the situation is. 

Music is in my veins and always will be. 

$700
$800