A Guide to Planning the Best ‘Galentine’s’ Day

Photo courtesy of Emily Lim.

As the “month of love” begins, why not dedicate a Saturday or Sunday to celebrate a day of fun and love with the girls in your life? These upcoming  weekends around Valentines Day are the perfect time to plan one of these events!

To start, get a group!

I would send out invites now if you’re thinking of planning one just to get the idea in people’s heads. 

Then, it is time to start planning food.

Photo courtesy of Pinterest.

If you’re thinking of doing a brunch, think of a variety of different breakfast ideas. For example: waffles, eggs, fruits, pancakes, quiches… You can even be extra and make it fun by making heart shaped versions to stay on theme! Both Target and Walmart sell affordable mini heart shaped makers. Also, there are many places where you can easily find cute Valentine’s Day themed sweets. My favorite is the Trader Joe’s heart shaped macaroons.

If you wanted to go a different route then the brunch, another fun idea is a pizza party. You could get pizza dough from the store or if you want to go the extra mile you can make it from scratch. 

You cannot forget decorations!

Photo courtesy of Cassidy Gorham.

It doesn’t even need to be anything extravagant, just have fun with it! Add some heart shaped balloons around the place, get some nice flowers, and maybe even a Valentine’s Day themed table cloth. For my Galentine’s Day I added a pair of heart shaped sunglasses to each plate for each person to wear. This was also a fun idea later on for pictures! Also adding a handful of chocolates and candy like pink starbursts and M & M’s to the table is a fun touch as well.

Of course, music!

Photo courtesy of Cassidy Gorham.

Put together a fun playlist of upbeat songs to set the mood. I had a wide mix of genres but tried to stick to a Valentine’s Day theme as much as possible. For example, a go to album is Lover by Taylor Swift.

If you’re seeing this in February, it’s never too late to throw together a Galentines party. Even as Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, you can really do it any weekend in February! All these tips will help you plan an easy and hopefully non stressful day or night!