Which best describes your support for the ongoing student protests over the war in Gaza?

LFHS Winter Break is Coming

With only two more weeks left in the semester, winter break is coming, and the school is trying its best to maintain positivity in these last two weeks which are dreadful for most.

Student Council has formed a plan for the week before finals to keep school spirit during a time when students are usually stressing out trying to finish the semester strong. 

On Monday it is encouraged to wear an ugly sweater and winter accessories such as hats, ski goggles, gloves, and scarves. In addition, there will also be trivia going on during the lunch periods to have a fun break during the school day.

“Our goal is to unify the school and bring school spirit. Even if it is something as random as dressing like a candy cane to school on Tuesday,” President of Student Council, Fritz Bielski says.

Tuesday is Candy Cane Day. On this day, students will be encouraged to wear red and white. Candy canes will also be passed out at the beginning of the school day as the student body walks into school.

On Wednesday, students will show off their favorite sports teams, encouraged to wear some form of merchandise from a winter sports team such as a basketball jersey. There will also be organized snowball fights going on throughout the lunch periods for friendly competition.

Thursday will be Winter White Out Day. To bring the school together, everyone will wear white. Additionally, there will be cutouts of Mr. Fisher, Mr. Lesniak, and Mrs. Cless hidden around the school to be turned in for a prize.

Lastly, Friday will be pajama day, where everyone wears their pajamas into school with the intent of having an easy-going Friday before finals. There will also be hot chocolate being handed out before school on Friday as well. 

“Pajama Day is my favorite day of spirit week. It’s the only day of the year I get the opportunity to wear my comfy pajamas to school,” junior David Carillo says.

During finals week, there will be fun activities going on in the building to help students manage their stress levels in between their exams. 

On Monday, the APT Chill Scout Committee will bring in puppies for the students to pet to take their minds off of testing. On Tuesday of finals week, CROYA will come in with treats for the students. Wednesday will be a similar situation, but moms will be bringing in the treats instead. Finally, on Thursday morning, the administration will be handing out hot chocolate to the students before the tests.

“I always look forward to petting the puppies in between finals. It helps me deal with stress,” sophomore Dylan Knutson says.

As LFHS gets closer to winter break, the school is making the last two weeks more fun. The Student Council has set up a plan to keep everyone in good spirits before finals. Each day has a different theme, like wearing ugly sweaters or showing off sports gear. There will be cool activities during lunch too, like trivia and snowball fights. Plus, during finals week, there will be things to help students relax, like playing with puppies and getting treats. The goal is to bring everyone together, make things less stressful, and have a good time before the break.