Google Calendar is the Most Ideal Way to Stay Organized

An example of how I organized my busy schedule and how the colors helped me differentiate the types of events/tasks on my agenda

Throughout my junior year, I’ve seen people choose to organize their life in a variety of ways. As most people are aware, junior year is one of the most demanding years with college applications around the corner. With the increase of tests, assignments, and tasks, it’s crucial that everyone has built habits and solidified their ways of arranging and balancing their life. 

For some, organization comes with keeping a planner by them and writing down their assignments throughout the day. Many people who prefer this method enjoy the satisfaction of crossing a task out upon completion. However, I prefer a different method. For me, I dedicate the organization in my life to Google Calendar. 

Google Calendar is a visually pleasing, easily accessible, online platform that offers an array of features. This makes it quick and easy to add tasks or events in just seconds which prevents any stress that comes with forgetting anything significant.

While some may believe Google Calendar is too time consuming to set up and it’s much easier to keep important tasks in the front of their brains, once you get the hang of this user-friendly platform, I truly believe that it makes the biggest difference in one’s life in terms of minimizing stress levels and maximizing productivity. 

One thing I admire about Google Calendar is that I can make as many separate calendars as I want and can combine them all together. For example, I have a calendar dedicated to my dance, school, babysitting schedules, and much more.

I can additionally make each of my calendars different colors, so when I put them together, I can easily distinguish what my upcoming days or weeks consist of. The colors can also make a busy looking schedule seem less intimidating.

One time, I opened up Google Calendar to log a test I had the following week during class. When I opened it up, my friend next to me was intrigued by the color and organization that came with my calendar. I immediately showed her how to use it on her computer and she became a pro in no time. 

An example of how I use Google Keep to keep track of my homework assignments. I can edit this during class if I am on my computer or on my phone between classes to ensure I don’t forget anything (especially my journalism deadlines!)

Another thing I appreciate about this platform is how I’m not only able to record the events and activities happening in my life, but also the taks I need to accomplish.

Google Calendar is connected to other Google apps such as Google Keep and Google Tasks. With this addition, I have the ability to organize some of the more specific tasks I have in my life. 

I prefer to write all of my homework assignments with this because I’m able to look at my day, week, and month in advance, while also being mindful of what I must accomplish at present. 

If you’re looking for a new way to stay organized throughout your daily life, I definitely recommend using Google Calendar. With allowing its users to be creative, being easy to use, and something one can access through many different devices, it’s one of the best ways to make a hectic life less overwhelming. 

$500
$800