Which best describes your support for the ongoing student protests over the war in Gaza?

First Ever Senior vs. Staff Dodgeball Game was a Success

Photo by Ryan Hippel
Photo by Ryan Hippel

Monday marked the first annual senior vs. staff dodgeball games, and it was a huge success! The event was held during all lunches and many seniors and staff members participated. There was a lot of effort that was put into this event by Mrs. Maggie Harmsen and the Student Council. 

“We just wanted to have an activity that brought us all together, something senior specific, not just senior shirts but something a little more,” said student body president, Fritz Bielski.

An email that informed seniors about the event was sent a week in advance by Mrs. Harmsen. The seniors were asked to sign up and to bring a teacher that would be willing to play. When lunch started the teachers were sent to one side of the court, and the seniors to the other side.

Overall, the seniors seemed to dominate the LFHS staff. However, the staff did show some athleticism and put up a fight each round.

Win or lose, the dodgeball game was a great experience to be a part of. 

“It was a good school building activity and showed good school spirit. It was fun to get out there and try to hit a kid in the face and have them try to hit you in the face,” said Athletic Trainer Bart Castillo.

Not only were there big numbers competing in the games, there were big numbers in attendance just watching the games. Everyone wanted to see what teachers showed up. The staff members seemed to have fun and there were smiles on their faces and laughs throughout the whole period. The seniors also seemed to have fun and shared how they hope to see more events like this in the future. 

I 100% want to see more,” said senior Logan Uihlein, “I think it is awesome for the school to connect the students and staff.”

Luckily for the seniors, the student council plans on having more fun events like this.

“Kelsey Bumbaco and Caroline Kaiser did a great job making this happen, and I know they’re in the process of planning more,” said Bielski.

Overall, this was a great experience and event for everyone. It was a huge success and potentially marks the start of a tradition at LFHS. Maybe we can see a senior vs. staff basketball game, volleyball game, or even a swim race? Who knows. But what we do know is that this event made a lot of people happy and people want more.

$600
$800