You Should Attend A Class At The Hottest New Yoga Spot, Toned Yoga

(Photo courtesy of Toned Yoga) 

Toned Yoga, a yoga studio with many varied classes, has opened in Lake Bluff. They claim to create a community of people who enjoy strengthening their mind, body, and soul. This studio is one of the only yoga spots in the area that provides various classes besides your typical yoga classes, making it extremely popular. 

Numerous Lake Forest High School students and alumni have added Toned Yoga to their busy schedules to relieve stress. LFHS has students from all grade levels striving to get in shape while having fun at the studio. Not to mention, students receive pricing at Toned Yoga’s lowest offer, allowing them to attend as many classes as they wish.

When Toned Yoga opened its doors, numerous LFHS students became ambassadors for the studio, promoting the yoga spot on social media. Students did not receive any money for this. They did it because they enjoyed the classes so much. 

“I became an ambassador because the studio environment drew me in, and I always feel so refreshed after each class,” sophomore Elizabeth Specketer said. 

LFHS alums and students after Yoga. (Courtesy of Maddie Fasel)

“Whether it’s your 1st class or 100th, Toned Yoga feels like home to all who enter the studio. We have a ton of LFHS students who come to Toned Yoga on a regular basis,” owner and founder Maddie Fasel said.

To get to know more about what Toned Yoga entails, here is a breakdown of the four types of classes that will get you feeling better than when you walked into the studio: 

HITT: 

HITT stands for high-intensity interval training. This class is a 45-minute of using weights and involves a powerful combination of high-intensity cardio, strength training, and cool-down traditional yoga poses. The room is heated to the perfect temperature, allowing you to feel your workout paying off. This class is for people who enjoy fast-paced courses and aim to get in shape. The staff’s motivation throughout the full 45 minutes will pump your adrenaline. This weight loss-focused workout is effective, motivating, and not to mention, fun! 

“HITT classes are a challenge, but it felt good at the end.” senior Ellery Newman said. 

Participants improve their strength with various weighted exercises.
(Photo courtesy of Toned Yoga)

Tone:

Tone is Toned Yoga’s famous class, as it’s in the name. This class is designed to focus on full-body strength training and cardio for 45 minutes. With the addition of weights and a heated room, your body and mind are challenged, but of course, using weights is not required. While this is similar to HITT, Tone is a slower-paced version with less cardio. 

“Tone is my favorite class at Toned Yoga because it has so much variation, yet it’s still very challenging.” senior Rachel Silvers said. “The mix of cardio, burn, and usage of weights all in the heated room is the perfect balance of hitting all the right muscles. You feel sore the days following, but it’s an ideal workout and worth trying.” 

The Lake Forest High School Dance Team after a Tone class.
(Photo courtesy of Rachel Silvers)

Flow:  

Are you in the mood to stretch out your body and increase your balance ability? Then Flow is for you! Unlike Tone and HITT, Flow is a more yoga-based class rather than strength training and cardio and does not include weights. Although it includes core strengthening, it also allows you to test your balance and flexibility. This face-paced, 45 or 60-minute class will open your body, awakening your muscles after or before a long day. 

Participants awaken their bodies with a deep stretch.
(Photo Curiosity of Toned Yoga)

Restore:

If you are an athlete or someone who needs a calm 45 minutes, Restore is just the class for you! Restore is designed to relieve tension as well as stress. The candles lit around the room provide a calming sensation that will fix any bad day. This class involves a slower flow and deep stretches. Class ends with a much-needed meditation. Everyone needs time in their day to relax!

Participants restore their bodies and minds in a candle-lit room.
(Photo Courtesy of Toned Yoga)

“Come into the studio and experience the Toned Yoga sanctuary yourself!” Fasel said.