TFS Recommends: Healthy, Fast & Easy Lunch Options

Are you sick of the cafeteria food? Eating the same unhealthy food everyday can get repetitive and boring. Here are my go-to lunches that I personally love, and think you all will too! The cafeteria food can be expensive, these recommendations are more of a reasonable price. These options take very little time to make and are a healthier alternative to the cafeteria food and just as delicious. 

The Better Bagel

You can get these frozen bagels at Whole Foods. The Better Bagel offers a wide variety of flavors to choose from making it perfect for everyone.  These bagels are super quick to make! All you have to do is stick into the toaster. While I was a little concerned about it tasting the same as a regular bagel, it exceeded my expectations. With half as many calories as a regular bagel and having 25 grams of protein it is the perfect lunch to cure my appetite until the end of the day. These keep you full throughout the day and are a nice treat!

Ham Wraps

These ham and cheese wraps from Sunset are delicious. If you’re someone who’s usually late running out the door, these are perfect for you. Their size makes it easy to throw them into any container you find at home, and bring them to school. Personally, I think these wraps are better than any type of sandwich I’ve had. These Sunset wraps are not limited to just ham, they offer many other types of deli meat that work for everyone depending on their liking. 

Hummus and Pretzels

Last year, our cafeteria used to sell these Sabra Hummus and Pretzel Cups, but unfortunately stopped. However, they have still remained a staple in my house. They are easily accessible, sold at numerous stores, and they also are a great go to snack for any situation. Hungry during class? Running late to sports practice? These are easy to take on the go! Not only is it fast, it also has 10 grams of protein and has the nutrients that you need to make it through the day.   

Skinny Pop Popcorn

Why get unhealthy chips at The Grind when you can pack a just as delicious and healthier option? Though this isn’t a meal, I love to throw it into my lunch to have with my other food. Skinny pop has a variety of options, personally I love the White Cheddar. It’s low calorie and has less sugar compared to Lays Chips or Doritos which are sold at The Grind. Skinny Pop is a guilt free snack while still hitting the spot. 

Siggi’s Yogurt

Siggis Yogurt is a great go-to for lunch. If you’re like me and don’t love plain yogurt, I personally love to add different types of fruit and granola to make it more appetizing. Siggi’s provides many different flavors of yogurt making it easy for everyone to find their favorite type. During the seven-hour school days, it’s a necessity that you fuel your body to make it through the day. This yogurt offers 16 grams of protein in just one small container. I love throwing this in with The Better Bagel or Skinny Pop

Overall, these are my personal favorite healthy and easy lunches to bring to school instead of buying the cafeteria food.