Seniors Looking Forward to a Year of Traditions

Seniors+Cambell+Allan%2C+John+Nikitas%2C+Tommy+Elliott%2C+and+Aiden+Puthenveetil+at+Senior+Sunrise.+
Campbell Allan
Seniors Cambell Allan, John Nikitas, Tommy Elliott, and Aiden Puthenveetil at Senior Sunrise.

The ‘senior experience’ at Lake Forest High School is special. It is something that a lot of students anticipate during their prior school years. The ‘cherry on top’ is how some seniors have described their final year. As written on the back of our senior shirts, Be2t 4 last. 

Seniors have so much to look forward to. Whether that be going to senior sunrise on the first day of school, or walking across the stage on the front lawn with the scout blue gowns. Seniors get so many new opportunities, both small and big. Although senior privilege may be minor it feels great to be able to leave school during lunch or their study hall. 

“It’s something you earn when you get through to your last year,” said senior Xander Mazar. “Being able to park in the senior lot during school is also very rewarding.” 

Although some enjoy the 10-minute walk from the train station, it’s quite convenient to be able to park at the school. 

One of the biggest senior traditions is “Paranoia.” 

“I’m looking forward to Paranoia the most. Definitely Paranoia,” said Mazar.

Paranoia is a senior class-wide Nerf battle. Teams of 6-10 people are formed for those who choose to participate, which then later gets split into a bracket. The teams battle head-to-head to determine a victor. Every team is competing for a potentially large amount of money. It’s not only money that the students want. 

“It’s more about bragging rights,” said senior Matteo Wilkinson.

Seniors also have other opportunities like a senior prank and senior ditch day. Seniors have a chance to prank the school in a safe and light-hearted manner. Last year’s senior prank was a slip-and-slide. Hopefully, our senior class can top that with original and creative thinking.

Who doesn’t love a day off of school? Well, our seniors sure love time off! Sometime in the spring, our seniors get to take a day off school. Senior ditch day is what we like to call it. Seniors have a tradition of going to the Cubs game at Chicago’s own Wrigley Field. 

Seniors have a great deal to look forward to. Indulging themselves in the ‘senior experience’ is a childhood dream for many.