Prom preparations begin

Mrs. Elizabeth DelFava

LFHS students at Prom 2019

Luca Ferraioli and Chloe York

Although Prom months away, preparing for the event is in full swing. 

Behind the scenes, the Junior Student Council and the APT is in charge of raising funds to ensure an unforgettable night for students. 

For the last three years, prom has been held on Lake Forest High School’s front lawn without guest attendance at the red carpet. 

This year’s prom will be particularly special due to the fact that all students in attendance have never experienced prom at a traditional venue. 

“Last year was an epic celebration with almost 700 students on the front lawn, but I’m looking forward to students getting a traditional experience this year,” Mrs. Julie Crouch, the junior class Prom sponsor in charge of Prom this year said. 

Prom will be hosted on Saturday, May 6. at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare, for the first time since 2019. 

The evening will be inspired by Van Gogh’s famous painting, “Starry Night” and this year’s theme of Prom is “Dancing in the Moonlight.” 

Check-in at LFHS will be from 4:30-5 p.m., the red carpet with guests watching will be at 5:15-6:15 pm and live music in the Grand Ballroom will go from 7-11 p.m. 

Ticket prices charged to students will be $95, even with the rising costs of the event, hoping to be accessible for all students in the Lake Forest/Lake Bluff community. 

Prom night will include live music, professional security, dinner, and dessert, as well as coach buses to the Hyatt Regency O’Hare and back to Lake Forest afterward. 

The cost per person to host prom far exceeds the ticket price for students. This is where the Junior Class Student Council comes into play. 

The Junior Class Student Council has been working to find fun ways to fundraise money in our community. 

Sydney Kirages, a junior and a member of the Student Council, is making personalized tumblers and contributing all the sales so that we can have the best prom experience possible. 

“In particular the money raised from the tumblers will be used to add special and fun details to make prom amazing,” Kirages said. 

You can purchase the tumblers now with the link.

Another way the student council is through raffles, which are typically a crowd pleaser. Although the student council does not have set dates for when these raffles will take place, they know they want to hold them at basketball games. 

Some raffle ideas include tickets to be in a knockout game, or a 50-50 raffle where 50% will go to prom and charity, and 50% will go to the person that wins the raffle. 

The tickets will cost around one dollar, so everyone in the community is able to contribute a small amount to making prom a magical night. 

Hyatt Regency O’Hare Ballroom (Mrs. Julie Crouch)

The junior class will also have a concession cart on Jan. 19. for the Scout Experience evening welcoming the class of 2027. 

“Fundraising this year is more important than ever because we took a hit to our budget with a massive cancellation fee from last year. This class is already starting in the red unfortunately so you will see them a lot over the next few months raising funds in order to add the special touches to the evening,” Crouch said. “This junior class is working tirelessly and using their own passions and talents to fundraise in order to bring us back to a pre-COVID prom. They are an amazing group of students!” 

Along with the profits from ticket sales, donations and thorough fundraising by the Junior Student Council will all contribute to raising a grand total of $35,000 to make prom an amazing night for Lake Forest High School students.