Gimme Five: Dream Vacation Spots

Gimme Five: Dream Vacation Spots

Pride Haggerty, Staff Writer

With winter break being around the corner, many students and staff at LFHS will be off on their way to places around the world. With that being said, I wanted to share my top five dream vacation spots. 

Kenya, Africa 

I have always wanted to go to Africa ever since my friend visited in middle school. One thing that got me hooked on wanting to go was the safari rides and seeing all the giraffes in Kenya. She even stayed at a hotel called Giraffe Manor, where morning and night giraffes would come up and poke their heads into the windows. The safari ride looks so amazing because there are animals wandering all around you in their natural habitat. The views would be phenomenal, and I could capture the most perfect moments on camera. To experience all of the wonders Kenya has to offer would definitely be an unforgettable experience.

Bora Bora

When I think of a dream vacation, Bora Bora is always the first that comes to my mind. Bora Bora has two things I love: clear water and sunshine. What more could you want on vacation? I would love to sit out in the sun, getting sunkissed and soaking in all the vitamin D. Bora Bora is known for its scuba diving, so I would most definitely be taking up that opportunity. On top of that, there are bungalow resorts on the water that look out onto the water. And, imagine going to bed to the sound of peaceful waves hitting the shore. Exceptional. 

Santorini, Greece

Occasionally I will be scrolling on TikTok and see a video of Santorini, Greece, and I have come to love the place, although I have never been. To be able to go to Greece and see all of the whitewashed, cubiform houses would be a dream come true. The photos would be extraordinary, to say the least. The view overlooks the sea, so sunsets would be picturesque. The town is built on the side of a cliff, which is so intriguing and sets it apart from other vacation destinations. Last of all, I’m sure the Greek cuisine would be fantastic. A Greek breakfast with a side of beautiful views is exactly what I need.

Rome, Italy 

When in Rome, am I right? Italy has been a destination that I have always found fascinating. Rome seems like a place that every person needs to experience. Sure, we see pictures and learn about Rome during Latin class in elementary school, but being able to witness Rome in person would be a totally eye-opening experience. One spot in Rome I would love to go to is the Colosseum and learn more about its history. My family is one of those families who loves to learn about the history on vacation, so I would love to spend time learning about Rome’s past.  

Sunset Beach, Oahu 

For my last spot, I will keep it relatively local: Hawaii. My parents and friends have visited Hawaii, but I am yet to go. Everytime I see photos or videos, I am longing to go. I especially wanted to go when I found out influencers, Lexi Hidalgo and Hannah Meloche, were moving there for three months at the beginning of 2021. They moved to Oahu and posted daily vlogs displaying their lives. It was so entertaining to see all of the activities Oahu had to offer. I particularly enjoyed the photos they posted of their hikes up the large, stunning mountains. The views looked remarkable. Additionally, if you watched Hannah Meloche’s Hawaii vlogs, you would be familiar with Sunrise Shack, a pop-up breakfast stand, serving acai bowls and smoothies. They look delicious and fit right in with the overall vibe of Hawaii. A vacation to Hawaii would be extraordinary, and I would love to experience the beachy lifestyle of Hawaii at least once in my lifetime.