College Corner: Week Two

Colin Martens, Staff Writer

Name: Charlotte Hartline

College: University of Wisconsin

Major: Computer Science

Location: Madison, Wisconsin

Mascot: Badgers

Why Wisconsin?

I wanted to stay close to home and go to a big school. Once I visited Madison, I felt like it was perfect for me. They also have great academic programs, and I knew it would be a place where I would get a great education while also having a great time! 

What are you most excited about? 

“I am excited to take classes that really interest me, and learn to live on my own and meet new friends! Madison is such a fun city, and I am excited to be there soon.”

Name: Ashwin Krishnaswamy

College: Northwestern University

Major: Economics

Location: Evanston, Illinois

Mascot: Wildcats

Why Northwestern?

“I chose Northwestern because they have a very strong economics program and the quarter system would let me take a lot more classes that I might otherwise be able to do. It’s not too far from Lake Forest, so I had visited the campus many times when I was younger. It’s absolutely beautiful!

What are you most excited about?

“I’m most excited to hopefully join the Model UN club, and take advantage of the many interesting classes NU has. Also, I’m looking forward to watching Big 10 Football Games

Name: Alexa Cote

College: University of Indiana

Major: Business

Location: Bloomington, Indiana

Mascot: Hoosiers

Why Indiana? 

“My dad attended Indiana University so I have been a huge Indiana fan my whole life. I visited campus when I was younger but this past summer I got the opportunity to go back. I fell in love with the campus and knew immediately that this was where I am meant to be. Indiana has everything I want in a school!”

What are you most excited about? 

“I am so excited to meet new people and really take advantage of the numerous opportunities they offer there.”

Name: Will Glyman

College: Boston College

Major: Finance

Location: Boston, Massachusetts

Mascot: Eagles

Why Boston College?

“I chose BC because I felt that it was the perfect balance between academics, parties, and school spirit. When I visited the campus, it felt both welcoming and professional. Also, the school clubs are a huge part of student life, which I am very interested in.”

What are you most excited about? 

“I am most interested in the football games, as well as the ski and snowboard club. The ski and snowboard club is one of the biggest organizations on campus, and as an avid skier, I am very excited about it. I am also very excited about the student community and becoming a part of it. I am also very excited to take the various classes the Carroll school of management has to offer.”

Name: Katie Gildersleeve

College: Vanderbilt University

Major: Computer Science

Location: Nashville, Tennessee

Mascot: Commodores

Why Vanderbilt?

Vanderbilt is the best of both worlds. It is a beautiful, quiet campus yet just a walk away to the world-renowned music and food scene in the heart of Nashville. It has the perfect balance between academics and social life, which is really important to me.”

What are you most excited about? 

“Besides all the academic opportunities Vandy offers, I am most excited to be living in Nashville. There is so much to do, so many restaurants and music festivals, and so many people to meet.”