College Corner: Week Six

Rory Summerville, Managing Editor

College Corner reviews five seniors every week on where they have decided to attend next year, what they’re excited for, and what they love about it.

Name: Lillian Rohrbach

College: Southern Methodist University 

Location: Dallas, Texas

Mascot: Mustang

Why SMU? 

“I chose SMU because it’s a great size, has excellent resources, and is located in the city of Dallas which has lots of opportunities. I really wanted a city school with a hometown feeling and SMU was that perfect place. It is also one of the schools that stayed open and dealt with the pandemic very well while many schools shut down completely. Out of all of the schools I was admitted to, SMU was the school that stepped up and showed that they really wanted me.”

What are you most excited about? 

“I am most excited about getting a great education while living in such an amazing place. I also cannot wait to be going to school with my brother, who will be a senior when I’m a freshman. I also have family who live 15 minutes from the campus so SMU will really feel like a home away from home.”

Name: Will Thomas

College: Lawrence University

Location: Appleton, Wisconsin

Mascot: Viking

Why Lawrence?

“I chose Lawrence because I felt like I’d fit well there academically, socially, and with their basketball team.”

What are you most excited about?

“I’m most excited about playing basketball for the school and meeting new people.”

Name: Sylvia Kollasch

College: Belmont University

Location: Nashville, Tennessee

Mascot: Bruin

Why Belmont?

“I’m going to Belmont and majoring in songwriting. I found the school through a music teacher who went there and it sounded amazing. I visited and it’s such a pretty campus and has amazing opportunities for music majors.” 

What are you most excited about?

“I’m super excited to meet new people and live in a new area of the country!”

Name: Max Edison

College: Xavier University

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Mascot: Musketeers 

Why Xavier?

“I chose Xavier because of the community and the opportunities they have. They have a community that no other school has and they really bring everyone together.”

What are you most excited about?

“I am more excited about playing rugby with a new team and working closer with their basketball team as a team manager.”

Name: Sara Reynolds

College: University of Mississippi 

Location: Oxford, Mississippi

Mascot: Rebel

Why Ole Miss?

“I chose Ole Miss because I really love the south and the atmosphere at the school.”

What are you most excited about? 

“I am so excited to join a sorority and get to know new people!”