StuCo Encourages Community with Fall Fest

Morgan Bielski, Staff Writer

Fall at Lake Forest High School is awesome. 

First, there’s the excitement of a fresh start to the school year, where you get to make new connections with teachers and classmates, and reconnect with those you didn’t get the chance to see over the summer. Then, you have the commencement of fall sports; the anticipation for a winning season is so thrilling, along with the sea of blue and gold you find in the bleachers. Whether you’re an athlete or an audience member, there’s something to say about the pride you feel when Lake Forest takes home the gold. And then there’s the Homecoming dance. I could easily argue that our school feels the most unified during the week before Homecoming: with the Pep Rally, Spirit Week, the football game followed by the dance on Saturday night, there’s always something to look forward to.

This year, all of this has been taken from the LFHS community. If you get the feeling that there are very few events to look forward to, you’re not alone. 

However, things are looking up. Halloween is just around the corner, and what you may not know is that Student Council has been working tirelessly for the last few months to hold an event for LFHS – one that will unite the school in a time of isolation.

Titled “Fall Fest”, the event will be held at West Campus on October 31st – Halloween. Freshmen are invited to attend from 11 AM – 12 PM, sophomores from 12 – 1 PM, juniors from 1 – 2 PM, and seniors from 2 – 3 PM.

While Fall Fest is not a replacement for Homecoming, as there is still hope for a Homecoming later this school year, it’s an event aimed to lift the spirits of students, unite the school, and rekindle the school spirit that has gone silent within our community. The event will be entirely socially distant; you can come individually or meet up with friends, and each grade is given an allotted period of time in which they can come to avoid large crowds. Students can come and participate in activities by themselves or with others – the events planned include a cornhole tournament, painting mini pumpkins, a raffle, and many more. Participants can also expect lunch to be provided by Left Bank. And most importantly, the entire event is free to attend.

The first 50 students to show up in each grade will be given a free, artist-designed, long sleeve tee shirt. Additionally, there is a participant limit for some events due to COVID-19 restrictions, therefore, it’s essential that you sign up for those events here

While this fall might not have been the one that we all expected, Student Council has made it a priority to build in some fun. So put Fall Fest on your calendar, and come join us on October 31!