Scout Shout Out

Scout Shout Out

Good deeds, kind behavior, and important accomplishments deserve to be recognized. The Scout Shout-Out is an opportunity for Scouts of all types to honor each other when we demonstrate the values that are most important to us. If you would like to recognize a fellow Scout for kindness, hard work, personal accomplishments or any other contribution to our community, please visit here.

Isabella Graf

What happened: Isabella is one of my SPECTACULAR TA’s. Over Spring Break, she went above and beyond, creating a professional-level lesson and video to post on Schoology for her peers in Law Honors. Isabella took a simple request and took the time to make an astonishingly thorough and authentic video about legal depositions, completely exceeding my expectations, even for her.  I’d be lost without her.

Personal Message: In the last three years I’ve had the honor to know you, Isabella, I have continually been blown away by what a bright, generous, authentic, risk-taking, articulate, enthusiastic, humble, and special human you are. I’m so lucky to have had you in class for three years, and will miss you terribly next year!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Jessica Cole

Joe Busse

What happened: Joe has spent hours adapting work for a student to insure that that student is receiving a great learning experience.  His patience, hardwork and sense of humor is much appreciated!! Thanks Joe

Who Made the Shout-Out: Cindy Dell

Kiera Burns, Margot Pierce, Lauren Plante

What happened: These scholars were willing to virtually tutor my AP Seminar students during quarantine to help them improve their research questions.

Personal Message

Thank you all for your willingness to mentor and help your fellow Scout during these trying times.

Who Made the Shout-Out: Ms. Flangel

Patrick Sassen

What happened: For working so incredibly hard to take care of his department (and our whole school), making sure we are all supported and staying afloat during this crazy time. And for constantly thinking about all of our LFHS students and their many many many needs, you have made sure these needs are met, especially our seniors. We are very grateful for you Patrick and all the many many many hours you have put into navigating this unprecedented situation.

Who Made the Shout-Out: From the Counseling Department

Haley Banta

What happened: Haley, at SEVERAL different times, virtually met with and mentored my sophomore AP Seminar students. Her commitment to the peer tutoring program was genuine. Her kindness and willingness to give honest feedback was essential in pushing my students forward during these difficult times. Her grace was appreciated and her skill makes me wonder if Haley will become a teacher. She would be really good!!!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Ms. Flangel

Rebecca Schwartz

What happened: Ms.Schwartz has been really dedicating herself to being not only involved academically in a students life, but also emotionally. Her dedication and passion for her work is a breath of fresh air in these weird times, and I know that I can always rely on her to brighten up my day! Keep up the good work, and AP Calculus rules!

Personal Message: I want to be anonymous because I want to speak for all of my fellow calc students! We love you!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Maggie Harmsen

What happened: Not only does she have my back all of the time but she also has the back of every student she works with. I miss her so so much!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Julia Tanna

What happened: Julia has been my best friend ever since we were two years old. She has been there for me every single day. We have so many special and fun memories. I can’t wait to visit her at Bates college! I will cheer her on as she competes on the swim team.

Personal Message: Thank you for being the most amazing best friend in the whole world. I couldn’t ask for anyone better,

Who Made the Shout-Out: Rachel LeRose

Heather Song

What happened: Madame Song has been working tirelessly to connect her students to French by videoconferencing and e-mailing them.  She has also provided many resources for the World Language Department that are vital to remote teaching and learning.  Merci!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Ms. Abel

Kylie Perkins

What happened: Kylie brought me cupcakes that took her hours to decorate! They even had flowers on them! So proud of her and her accomplishments.

Personal Message: As my dear friend Kylie always says, live, laugh, love

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Katie Secker

What happened: Continuing to support students SO VERY MUCH even from her home!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Michelene Tomek

What happened: For working tirelessly to check in with students and make sure they are doing ok!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

David Hain

What happened: Being a total solid rock for kids and staff! Always there when they need him!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous

Amy Zimmerman and Shannon Ramirez

What happened: These super ladies have spent time each day google chatting with a student who is having a hard time navigating all of this on his own! Together they have helped him check into all of his classes!!!  WOOT!!! LIFE SAVERS!!!!!!!!!!

Personal Message: Team work makes the dream work!!!!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Maggie Harmsen

Melissa Doucette

What happened: Patience. Persistence. Out of the box thinking and Teamwork!!!!

Personal Message: Melissa has gone above and beyond to keep checking In with students despite no responses from them.  After weeks of nothing, three students have checked in and are in engaged!! AND she has done a few drop offs of supplies for those in need! She rocks!!!

Who Made the Shout-Out: Anonymous