College Corner: Week One

Caroline Lewis, Staff Writer

We’re back this year for College Corner for the Class of 2020. College Corner reviews five seniors every week on where they have decided to attend next year, what they’re excited for, and what they love about it.

Name: Margaret Matson

School: University of Colorado-Boulder

Location: Boulder, Colorado

Mascot: Buffs

Why? I chose Boulder because I’ve always gone to Colorado and skied there so I knew I wanted to be in that area. I visited a year ago and realized it was just where I wanted to go. I loved everything about it.”

What are you most excited about?  “I am most excited about meeting the people there and getting outside. I like the vibe of the outdoor culture at Boulder.”

Name: Charlotte Yehle

School: Elon University

Location: Elon, North Carolina

Mascot: Phoenix

Why? “I love everything about Elon, it is the most beautiful campus I’ve ever been to and the community is what drew me in. Everyone is so welcoming and makes you feel right at home. It also has so many opportunities for my major.”

What are you most excited for? “I am most excited to study abroad and for the warm weather.”

Name: Mary Margaret Reay

School: University of Notre Dame

Location:  South Bend, Indiana

Mascot: Fighting Irish

Why? “I chose Notre Dame because it has an amazing business program and a really lively campus. When I visited and did a summer program there, it felt like home. “

What are you most excited for? “I am most excited for tailgating in the fall and meeting new people.”

Name: Halle Douglass

School: University of Wisconsin-Madison

Location: Madison, Wisconsin

Mascot: Badgers

Why? “I chose Wisconsin because it’s always been a dream school of mine with both my parents going there and my sister. I also was being recruited there and the coaches and team really swayed me to pick Wisconsin.”

What are you most excited for? “I’m most excited for all the school spirit with the football and basketball games, but also to be apart of a team in such a great environment.”

Name: Allie Wicks

School: Northwestern University

Location: Evanston, Illinois

Mascot: Wildcats

Why? “I chose Northwestern because I’ve always been really interested in art and communications and I wanted to find a flexible program that would allow me to pursue both of my interests together. Also, Northwestern Medill has an extensive study abroad program and I am excited to travel.”

What are you most excited for? “I am most excited about traveling because I can go abroad for up to 4 times a year.”

Stay tuned for next College Corner!