How to celebrate submitting your college applications

Ava Manelis, Editor-in-Chief

The dreadful date of November 1st is behind us, where seniors at LFHS had to take a deep breath and click submit on all of their early action, and some regular decision, college applications.

Seniors felt a mix of both preparedness or just the opposite to submit their applications, but on both sides, there was definitely a feeling of stress tied to them. 

“I was definitely stressed leading up to the November 1st date, and the whole process kind of sucked,” said senior Brier Gunderson. “The combination of both school and college applications stacked on top of each other was super stressful.” 

The need to celebrate these applications being in is a necessity, as they were definitely not easy to complete. Here is a few ways you can do just that- 

Go out to a nice dinner

You deserve spending a little extra cash to take a trip to your favorite restaurant or even to get your favorite meal delivered to you! 

“After I submitted my college apps, I got tacos and watched Halloweentown. I’ve never felt so free,” said senior Elvan Muratoglu.

College applications take a lot of time and effort, and it has probably been a little while since you have treated yourself, so you deserve it. 

And get some ice cream/froyo after, too!

You deserve it- get some ice cream with your dinner too! Again, college applications are not an easy task and you deserve a treat.  

“I went out to ice cream with my friends the Friday that most of our college applications were due, and it was super fun,” said senior Brier Gunderson. 

Treat yourself to a spa day/massage

After hours spent grueling away at your desk typing away on your computer, a spa day spent by yourself at home or at your nearest beauty parlor is a necessity. 

“I got my nails done and took a nice bath after submitting my college applications,” said senior Eleni Ballis. “It was really peaceful after a few stressful weeks of working so hard.” 

A spa day can relieve all of the tension you’ve built up doing your applications, and help you to be more stress-free! 

Get yourself a present

Been eyeing something for a while? This time in your life is a good excuse to buy it! 

Buying something special, whether that be some new clothes or a fresh pedicure, will be a great reward after this crazy time of submitting college applications.

Focus on other things besides school

Finally, college apps are no longer the priority of your life, and the seemingly only important thing you need to do. You can finally focus on family, friends, sports, or even self-care every day, rather than having this dreadful task constantly in the back of your mind.

“It’s super nice that our dance competition season started right after most of my college applications were due,” said senior Lilly Neil. “I can now focus on only poms and it makes me really happy to be able to do that!”

Relax!

It’s our senior year, and we need to use this time to our fullest potential without causing too much stress for ourselves along the way. Sit back and relax as your final year of high school rolls out, as it will be over before you know it. Don’t stress too much about the little things, and try to relax as much as you can.

Treat yourself this college application season, seniors!