Seniors to be honored at tonight’s concert

Rana Muratoglu, Staff Writer

The LFHS Music Department will perform one of their most memorable concerts tonight—the senior recognition concert.

The choir will say goodbye to the seniors, most of whom have been involved in music since freshman year. In an hour and a half, the community will recognize the talent and hard work of the choirs, and celebrate the seniors as they leave the LFHS music department.

This concert will feature the LFHS Glee Club, Select Singers, Balladiers/Concert Choir, and Foresters. The Varsity Bell choir, led by Gretchen Haskett, will also perform a Les Miserable Medley. The show starts at 7:30 p.m.

What is different about the May choral concert is how the students choose the music. The choir spends about a week listening to different suggestions sent in by students, and vote on their favorite three pieces. This year’s concert features a variety of arrangements, even one from a video game.

The Forester Singers will sing “Audi Famam Illius,” the theme of the video game Super Smash Bros. The Balladier Singers will sing a Disney favorite, “Go The Distance”, from Hercules and a mashup of “Rumor Has It/ Someone Like You,” by Adele. The Select Singers will sing the iconic “The Winner Takes It All” and “Shallow” from A Star is Born.

The concert will also feature a special guest, Stephen Weiland, who will sing “TOO-RA-LOO-RA-LOO-RAL.” This is the first time a special guest will be singing a solo piece at an LFHS choir concert.

Before the last piece of the concert, the combined choirs will perform “You Will Be Found” from the musical Dear Evan Hansen. Behind the choir, a slideshow of pictures of the seniors will play, showing baby, middle school, and senior photos. Seniors awards will also be given out at the end of the event, congratulating everyone for their hard work over the past four years.  

Admission is free. Come support the LFHS music department as they say goodbye to the seniors!