NBA Conference Finals

NBA Conference Finals

The NBA Conference Semifinals brought great basketball over the last week. We had two intense Game Sevens that came down to the last second, and Kawhi Leonard hit the first ever game seven buzzer beater in NBA history. In addition to the Game Seven drama, we saw the Milwaukee Bucks absolutely dominate the Boston Celtics. Giannis Antetokounmpo put on a show as he bullied the Celtics’ defense, and Steph Curry stepped up when the Warriors needed him the most. Following an action-packed semifinals, an exciting Conference Finals is expected. Now, lets predict the Conference Champions.

Eastern Conference

Bucks vs. Raptors

Both Kawhi Leonard and Giannis Antetokounmpo have been unstoppable this postseason as they have led their teams to the Eastern Conference Finals. Kawhi put up incredible numbers in the Semifinals and is not expected to slow down. Despite the fact that Kawhi has been unstoppable, Giannis and the Bucks have dominated their opponents on the road to the Conference Finals. The starting lineup for the Bucks along with their great team defense will be too much for the Raptors to handle in a seven game series. Although Kawhi will put the team on his back, the Bucks will overpower the rest of the Raptors. Bucks in 6.

Western Conference

Warriors vs. Trail Blazers

Kevin Durant is officially ruled out for Game One against the Blazers, but Stephen Curry showed the world that this doesn’t matter. He closed out Game Five and Six against the Rockets to win the series and proved that he is still the MVP-quality player we once knew. Although Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum have been on fire throughout the playoffs, the All-Star filled roster of the Golden State Warriors simply outmatches the Blazers. Draymond Green’s intensity alongside the shooting ability of Steph Curry and Klay Thompson are more than enough to carry the Warriors to victory without Kevin Durant. Once Durant returns, the Warriors become even more lethal and a team that the Blazers can’t stop. However, it is likely that the Blazers could steal at least one game if Lillard and McCollum get hot. Warriors in 5.

Stephen Young, Author

Stephen Young is a Junior at Lake Forest High School who plays basketball and is an avid hip-hop fan. You can find his writing in the In Music and In Between...