College Corner: Week Three

Logan Hanekamp

In Logan Hanekamp’s column, College Corner, she interviews five seniors who have decided on their colleges and learns about why they chose their school.

Name: Cristina Machado

College: Duke University

Location: Durham, North Carolina

Mascot: Blue Devils

Why Duke?

“Before I started looking at Duke I didn’t really love any other school. When I visited it just felt right, they had a great program for my major, inspiring professors, and a bunch of students that I really connected with. I knew that it was my school after that.”

What are you most excited for?

“Obviously, I am really excited to go to the basketball games and participate in “tenting.” I am  also super excited to just meet everyone and make new friends.”

Name: Nick Wnuk

College: Chapman University

Location: Orange, California

Mascot: Panthers

Why Chapman?

“I am attending Chapman for their film program and their deep alumni connections. Chapman has a ton of resources and I am excited to be in the LA community.”

What are you most excited for?

“I am most excited to be surrounded by like-minded people in an environment that supports my needs for growth.”

Name: Colton Pfeifer

College: University of Dubuque

Location: Dubuque, Iowa

Mascot: Spartans

Why Dubuque?

“I chose Dubuque because I really wanted to play baseball and they had great facilities. Dubuque is also close to home which is something I wanted in my college.”

What are you most excited for?

“I am most excited for the business school at Dubuque. I am also very excited to be on the baseball team and bond with the guys.”

Name: Lauren Gambit

College: Miami University

Location: Oxford, Ohio

Mascot: Redhawks

Why Miami?

“The moment I stepped foot on the Miami campus I knew I was at home. I chose Miami because I am such a homebody and the school felt like home so it is the perfect for me.”

What are you most excited for?

“I am most excited for rushing and joining a sorority so I can meet new friends. I am also excited to try new things and find things I wouldn’t find in Lake Forest.”

Name: Eleanor Van Antwerp

College: The University of Iowa

Location: Iowa City, Iowa

Mascot: Hawkeyes

Why Iowa?

“I chose the University of Iowa because I love the homey feel of campus and the excitement of Iowa City. I also look forward to studying in the College of Public Health.”

What are you most excited for?

“I am most excited for the tailgates, football games, and cheering on the Hawkeyes. I am also excited to be five minutes from my brother of course.”