Our Town Play Preview

Susanna Noble, Staff Writer

This year’s freshman/sophomore play is Our Town and the performances are coming to a stage near you Thursday. Our Town is a play that follows the everyday lives of some of the people living in a fictional American town.

Thornton Wilder’s play, first performed in 1938, has many differing themes including mortality, companionship, and love.

“Something that will stick with me from this play is that you should always accept and care for life. Not to think that life is bad, just [to] think of the good things and be thankful that you are living,” said freshman Ricky Marchant, who will be playing the role of Wally Webb.

When first reading through Our Town, many have a hard time grasping the literature. Nonetheless, the LFHS cast of sophomores and freshmen has “had the time to truly understand it,” said junior Meghan Geraghty, one of the student directors.

“It is a strange show and everyone has brought it together very well, and I am looking forward to putting it on,” said sophomore Pierce Docherty, playing the role of Dr. Frank Gibbs.

Our Town will be the first production that Geraghty has student directed, while junior Laine Gamrath has student directed two shows before Our Town.

“They all have put forth such high levels of dedication. I believe this show should be seen as it is, truly a classic show and has been interpreted so originally by this cast that is filled with remarkable talent,” said Gamrath.

For some members, this is their first theater production at LFHS, while for others, they are returning to a stage they know well. Sophomore Anna Randall, a former tech crew member, is “very excited but kinda nervous” as this is only her second time “taking the stage at LFHS.”

“As we went on with rehearsals, I got to know the great people that I am working with and we now are all very close. I am very excited to get to act with all these wonderful people,” said Randall, playing Emily Webb.

Look out for Our Town, performances and in the David Miller Theater on Thursday through Saturday at 7 p.m.

Cast List:

Stage Manager……………………………………………………………………………Kailey Albus

George Gibbs……………………………………………………………………….Cole Joseph

Emily Webb………………………………………………………………………..Anna Randall

Mrs. Gibbs………………………………………………………………………….Mary Clayton

Mrs. Webb……………………………………………………………………….Sylvia Kollasch

Dr. Gibbs…………………………………………………………………………Pierce Docherty

Mr. Webb…………………………………………………………………………..Hunter Hallas

Rebecca Gibbs…………………………………………………………………….Amelia Myers

Wally Webb………………………………………………………………………Ricky Marchant

Simon Stimson……………………………………………………………………………JP Best

Howie Newsome…………………………………………………………………Jose Ibarrondo

Joe Crowell………………………………………………………………………..Bryce Piccolo

Si Crowell/Baseball Player/Man in Auditorium/Among the Dead…………..Cole Koefelda

Constable Warren………………………………………………………………….Brad Norkus

Mrs. Soames………………………………………………………………………Grace Benson

Professor Willard………………………………………………………………….Maddie Taylor

Lady in the Box/Baseball Player…………………………………………….Rina Biancalana

Sam Craig………………………………………………………………………Savannah Lucas

Joe Stoddard……………………………………………………………………..Grant Huebner

Woman in Balcony/Among the Dead………………………………………….Ruby Stockton