Foundation Month is here

Foundation Month is here

Nathaniel Martin, Staff Writer

What do Chipotle, Jay Lovell’s, Sunset Foods, and Lake Forest High School have in common?

They all support the LFHS Foundation, an organization that in turn works to “support, enrich, and enhance the Lake Forest High School experience for all students, faculty, and staff by investing in educational excellence,” according to the Foundation’s website.

They’ve done that by providing grants for all facets of the school. A few examples of what the Foundation have provided are SMART Boards in the Social Studies and World Language rooms, infrared cameras for the Science Department, iMac Computers for the Music Department, and a 3D printer.

Last year the Foundation gave $125,000 in grants. And they’re looking to keep enriching the educational environment at LFHS this school year.

Throughout the month of November, the LFHS Foundation is partnering with many local businesses such as those listed above to raise money to support future grants. For example, today  between 4 and 6 p.m. Chipotle in Lake Bluff will be giving a third of their revenue to the Foundation if customers mention that they want to support the LFHS Foundation.

There are many more places in the area that help support the Foundation and through that the high school. A list of all the events is included below.