Categories:

New Scoreboard and Cart: Courtesy of The Boosters

So far this year, the LFHS Boosters Club has gone above and beyond in aiding the needs of students, coaches, and athletic personnel.

At this year’s Aug. 19 Booster Club meeting, it was announced that LFHS will receive a new, thoroughly equipped scoreboard for Varsity Field. The money to support this was fully funded by an anonymous member of the community, through the Boosters.

The Booster Club consists of a wide variety of dedicated Lake Forest parents. One of their goals is to ensure that the athletics within LFHS are supported in a way that gives every team the chance to be as successful as possible.

However, individual team achievement is not their only focus. 

The group also pays close attention to the spirit and sportsmanship of every individual within the high school’s community. Their actions, in this regard, guarantee that every athlete and Scouts fan has a positive experience with LFHS athletics.

“The boosters are committed to fostering a dynamic and supportive environment for our students,” said LFHS Boosters President Rachel Baker.

All of the teams that play on Varsity Field are looking forward to experiencing the new addition firsthand. 

“I’m super excited for the new scoreboard. It will add to the atmosphere on Friday nights because the speakers in the scoreboard will help the crowd get more into the game,” said Varsity Football Team captain Charlie Markee.

The Boosters are always looking for new ways to support LFHS athletics through traditional fundraising, donations, and awards. This has provided the opportunity for additional improvements and equipment this year. 

“The Lake Forest High School Boosters are excited to announce the award of ACE (Athletic and Community Enhancement) grants to support the enhancement of athletic facilities at Lake Forest High School. These generous grants have funded the acquisition of a new cart for the athletic training staff and new scoreboards for the Softball and Baseball fields,” said Baker.

The cart is a much needed upgrade from the prior vehicle used by the training staff.

“LF Athletic Trainers are thrilled and grateful for the support from the Booster Club, giving us the new cart for West Campus,” said Lake Forest Athletic Trainer Bart Castillo, “This cart gives us something that is more tailored towards the needs of our athletes. Previously we shared the communal gator carts with maintenance, coaches, staff, etc. We now have a dedicated machine solely for health care coverage. It also looks really sharp with the school colors and logos on it.”

The Boosters recognized the trainers’ needs and were excited to contribute in a way that would benefit all individuals who regularly use the fields at West Campus.

“The new cart will provide the athletic training staff with essential equipment for effective injury management and support during events,” said Baker.

The scoreboards on both the Varsity Baseball and Varsity Softball fields were also in need of replacement. The previous ones were outdated, hard to read, and not well-suited for anyone using or visiting the fields. 

This is why the Boosters were very eager to find a solution. 

The work being put in for the large scoreboard on Varsity Field made the additional two scoreboards much easier to design and fabricate. Therefore, the Boosters saw a perfect opportunity to improve all of the scoreboards at West Campus at the same time. 

“The updated scoreboards will enhance the overall experience for players, coaches, and Scouts fans by delivering clear and timely game information,” said Baker. 

According to the Boosters website, their mission is “to promote and support athletic success, spirit, and sportsmanship for every student-athlete and every Scouts fan at Lake Forest High School.” This new cart and scoreboards are only a few examples of how the Boosters prove their commitment to their mission.

$800
$800