Which senior superlative best describes you?

College Corner: Week Twelve

Graphic courtesy of Taylor Ross.

Name: Ainsley Smith

Ainsley Smith.

School: Denison University 

Major: Education 

Location: Granville, Ohio

Mascot: Big Red

How did you first hear about Denison, and what made you apply? “I knew of Denison because both of my parents and grandfather are alumni. I would always hear about what great of a time they had on the hill. The liberal arts education was a draw for me along with the social life. It has a close community of students.” 

Why Denison? I chose Denison because I thought it was the right size for me, and I love the fact you get to be in a smaller class environment. Also, I love how the town of Granville is apart of Denison which has fun restaurants and shops. 

What are you most excited about? “I am excited to meet new people.”

Name: Ella Droege

Ella Droege.

School: University of Minnesota

Major: Biology

Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota

Mascot: Golden Gopher

How did you first hear about Minnesota, and what made you apply? My brother and dad went here, and also a few of my friends. They all loved campus and the many different programs the university has to offer.

Why Minnesota? I always wanted to be in an urban area, and now I get to be in 2! The University of Minnesota is in both St. Paul and Minneapolis, so I get to experience the possibilities within each. I also was very impressed by the rigor of the Biology program.

What are you most excited about? Hockey games, meeting new people, and the opportunity to learn about things I am passionate about.

Name: Alec Ranker

School: Cornell University 

Major: Biological Engineering 

Location: Ithaca, New York 

Mascot: Big Red Bear 

How did you first hear about Cornell, and what made you apply? I first found Cornell when I was looking up schools in August. I applied because the surrounding area is really nice, and the school had everything I was looking for. 

Why Cornell? Cornell has a great student and campus life. It’s a great school for my major, and there’s a lot to do around Ithaca. 

What are you most excited about? I’m excited to meet new people and chill out. 

Name: Lauren Eglite

School: The University of Notre Dame

Lauren Eglite.

Major: Biochemistry

Location: South Bend, Indiana

Mascot: The Fighting Irish

How did you first hear about Notre Dame and what made you apply? “My dad had always been a big fan of Notre Dame football, and he took me to a game once when I was a little kid and I just loved the atmosphere of the campus, so I knew from really young that I wanted to apply there.”

Why Notre Dame? “I chose Notre Dame because the people there were all so welcoming and the campus felt like home. I also really liked their science programs, all of the internship and study abroad opportunities they had available to undergrads, and their great athletic programs.”

What are you most excited about? “I am definitely most excited for the football games, and also getting to meet new people and try new things!”

Name: Campbell Allan

School: University of Colorado Boulder

Campbell Allan.

Major: Undecided

Location: Boulder, Colorado

Mascot: Buffalos

How did you first hear about Boulder and what made you apply? “I heard about it from my parents friends and then once I got the chance to fly out and snowboard there, I loved it.”

Why Boulder? “Because it is in a beautiful location, has a large student population, and there are countless programs to take advantage of!”

What are you most excited about? “Exploring new places and doing the best I can to learn and find my path.”

Name: Logan Carter

School: Loyola University Chicago

Logan Carter.

Major: Psychology

Location: Chicago, IL

Mascot: LU Wolf

How did you first hear about Loyola and what made you apply? “I knew people in the grade above me who were interested in applying. I applied because I liked the campus and student size.”

Why Loyola? “I ended up choosing LUC because they offered me the best amount of money.”

What are you most excited about? “I am excited to have a fresh start and meet new people.”