Which senior superlative best describes you?

The Best Places to Study

Graphic+made+via+Canva+by+Manon+Vermer.+
Graphic made via Canva by Manon Vermer.

With AP tests continuing and finals coming up, it can be challenging to find the right place to study without being distracted.  Here are some places that are great depending on your preferred study environment. 

1. Starbucks Located in Downtown Lake Forest

The inside of Starbucks can be loud, but has a chill vibe and ambiance.  Starbucks is a go-to place for if you have a lot to do because you can stay there for hours. It is typically very busy; sometimes all the tables are occupied because most people go to Starbucks when they want to study. 

2. Outside 

Studying outside is probably the most favorable, because you breathe in fresh air through your lungs and into your cells, allowing your body to function at its best. The weather can be unexpected, so it can more complicated to find the right time to study outside. It needs to be warm enough with little wind, or else your papers are likely to fly away. When you get the opportunity, you should definitely study outside. 

3. Lake Forest Library

The library is a great place to study with friends or alone because it has quiet areas as well as group areas. It is also relatively close to the high school, so it is nice to go there right after school and get work done.  They also have a good setup for finals week and offer free meals for any student. 

4. Lake Forest College

Lake Forest College is similar to studying at Lake Forest Library, but in my opinion, Lake Forest College is better because there are big windows which boosts productivity.  It is also very quiet for a public space. Additionally, it is easy to be productive there because the people that study there are serious and calm, as they are often college students. Lake Forest College also closes at 11pm, so you can study there for a while if you have a lot to get done.

5. Hansa, Located in Lake Bluff 

For people who like to study in cozy cafés but don’t want to spend all their money on coffee and pastries, Hansa is the perfect spot. It is also a great spot to study with friends or alone, however for a short time because they close at 6pm every day. On the other hand, it is perfect to study on a Sunday morning. Hansa offers a variety of drinks and food for reasonable prices. The place is very cozy, however it can get loud sometimes.