Mr. Joseph Dudeck

Mr. Joseph Dudeck

Mr. Joseph Dudeck is not a simple person.   He teaches students to make guitars in the woodshop, to design machines and objects with CAD software, and to make robots.

Many incoming freshmen take his Robotics and Physics 1 class, which is co-taught with physics teacher Mr. Wilen.  The first year of high school can be daunting for many students, but Mr. Dudeck maintains a fun yet productive environment in his classes.

“Mr. Dudeck creates a friendly atmosphere that allows students to try, fail, learn, and grow in a safe, encouraging, and fun environment.  Students feel very comfortable taking risks knowing Mr. Dudeck is there to support them,” said Mr. Wilen.

Mr. Dudeck enjoyed applied tech when he was in high school and switched careers to become a teacher.

“He is always extremely encouraging and is always able to give tips for how to make our projects even better,” said Kashyap Prasad.

Even if you know Mr. Dudeck, you may not know about his passion for plants, specifically orchids.  He has an entire greenhouse operation going on in the basement of his house.  He brings his engineering knowledge into this by simulating a natural environment for the plants and automating the schedules for watering and light.

He creatively uses a Wifi-connected garden hose timer to water at specific intervals, and has a 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. clock for light.

The Forest Scout • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$600
$800