Sydney+Rubenstein

Sydney Rubenstein

The willingness to put others before themselves is a feat that is hard for any teenager to do. However, it has become especially hard during the times of the pandemic when it’s easier to put yourself over others first. 

However senior Sydney Rubenstein has proven time and time again – prior and during the pandemic – that spreading love and kindness to others should always be a priority. 

Since her freshman year, Rubenstein has been an active member in Special Gifts Theater in Northbrook. Rubenstein works with kids with disabilities and helps put on a show enjoyable to all ages. 

While the pandemic has proven to be a struggle to continue participating in Special Gifts Theater, Rubenstein has persisted and continued to do what she loves and help out at the theater in its virtual format.

Rubenstein’s love for Special Gifts Theater may come from her own fine arts background, according to her friends. As far as the fine arts go, Rubenstein is a virtuoso. In middle school, she stood out as the pitch perfect singer in choir and a talented violinist in orchestra. Then coming to LFHS, Rubenstein switched from violin to viola. While the switch of instruments is a challenge, Rubenstein handled it flawlessly and excels in viola as a high school senior. 

At Special Gifts Theater, Rubenstein helps give others the spotlight, with a smile on her face as she does it. 

Rubenstein’s volunteerism is more than just surface level, she truly loves what she does and loves the friends she makes along the way. Rubenstein has also participated in LFHS’ Integrated Wellness program since her sophomore year as a TA. 

“She cares about everyone around her, especially during our integrated wellness,” said senior Emily Bertram, “She takes her time to get to know everyone in a special and unique way.” 

Her kindness and love for her friends is obvious to anyone that is close with her. Like her volunteerism, it’s more than just surface level; she truly loves and cares for every one of her friends. 

“Sydney is a really great friend, and is always there if you need to talk,” said senior Caroline Speed, “The simple things like that make it clear that she really cares about her friends and relationships she has at the high school.”

Since her freshman year, Rubenstein has made her mark on LFHS, especially in orchestra and through the Integrated Wellness program. Graduating is bittersweet for everyone, but for everyone involved in Special Gifts Theater, Scout Buddies, and Integrated Wellness, it will be ten times more bittersweet with having to say goodbye to Rubenstein. 

“She brings so much joy to the community, and is always doing her part to make a difference in the lives of others,” said Speed. “She is an essential member to our class and continues to inspire me with everything that she does.”

The Forest Scout • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$500
$800