Alexia+Akintade

Alexia Akintade

Finding a student here as talented and determined as freshman Alexia Akintade is a difficult thing to do.

Akintade is a triple threat, excelling in swimming, soccer, and earning straight-A’s in her first semester of high school.

Before moving to Lake Forest from New Jersey in second grade, Akintade lived in London, England, with her family. From the moment she arrived here, she has focused on her athletics and academics.

After being on the Scouts swim team for seven years Akintade’s talent was recognized when she made the Varsity Swim team. Being a freshman on a varsity team might be intimidating to most people, but not Akintade. She worked hard at all of her practices and didn’t let anything get in her way.

”During swim season, it’s hard to find time to hang out because she’s always at practice or very tired from practicing,” Clare Crawford said.

Whether it was two hours in the pool before or after school, Akintade never missed a practice. She proves that hard work does really pay off. This past swim season she managed to place in all of the events and conferences that she attended. Impressively, Akintade can swim the 200 meter in only 1:35 minutes. 

During the off-season for swimming, Akintade spends time working on her other passion, soccer. Outside of school, she has been a part of the Magic Soccer Club for seven years. Akintade plans to show off her skills when she tries out for the varsity soccer team this upcoming season. 

There is no doubt that we are lucky to have Alexia Akintade in the LFHS Scout community.

The Forest Scout • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$600
$800