Lake Bluff Golf Club hosts meeting to inform residents about future

Monday night at the Lake Bluff Park District, Executive Director Ron Salski shared a presentation giving the public insight on the future of the Lake Bluff Golf Club. Although the future does not seem bright, many community members expressed solutions to the ongoing problem of generating revenue. After having a poor season in 2017, the Lake Bluff Park District Board held an additional meeting, allowing community members to express their viewpoints on the future.

The presentation, based on facts, gave the implicit message that there is little hope for salvaging a profit in the future. Many community members of all ages expressed viewpoints and shared their memories of the course. Ideas such as referendums, raising rates, and conversion to a Lake County Forest Preserve course were all expressed. Even though many community members have strong opinions on the closing, the final decision will come down to the board members. In order to remain open, the clubhouse must undergo construction, as it does not abide by the American Disabilities Act. These renovations would set the park district back more than $500,000, or a temporary clubhouse would be needed.

A final meeting will be held next Monday, March 5 at the Lake Bluff Recreation Center gymnasium. This will be the last opportunity for the public to share their thoughts on this controversial topic, and Lake Bluff is anticipating yet another big turnout for their next meeting.