LFHS’ Mislinski decides on Army

On Wednesday night, January 12, senior Jack Mislinski got a call that he had been waiting on for months. While most kids are waiting to hear back from schools they have applied to with the warmest weather or the best greek life, Mislinski made an extremely mature, grown-up decision in applying to United States Military Academy in West Point, New York. You could imagine his excitement when he heard he was in.

Before his senior year, Mislinski was not 100% sure on what his college plans were. Being a four-year varsity lacrosse player and a high academic student, he entertained some thoughts of playing collegiate lacrosse at some widely respected schools on the east coast. Ultimately, though, Mislinski knew where he was meant to be.

Jack’s father, Joe Mislinski, was a West Point graduate himself. Growing up, Jack was very familiar with the Army vs. Navy football rivalry. Mislinski was the starting quarterback for the football team at LFHS this year, and a great one at that; he led the scouts to a 6-5 record, including a playoff win over a tough Riverside-Brookfield squad and earned himself a spot on the North Shore All-Area Silver team. He will be trying out for the Black Knights football team come next fall.

Mislinski is a leader, an excellent student, and an outstanding athlete. So be ready West Point, you are getting one of Lake Forest’s best.