Album Preview: Eminem’s ‘Revival’

It definitely is a Christmas miracle hearing that the 45-year-old Eminem has made his mark once again. It looks like an elaborate ad campaign for a fake drug called Revival sparked that very thought. This campaign featured a website, commercial, and phone number, making this a difficult mystery to unravel.

In October, an Instagram photo was released by music manager Paul Rosenberg, which showed him holding Alabama rapper Yelawolf’s album, Trial By Fire. After overanalyzing the picture, you can spot that the window behind his hand, presents a huge billboard that appears to be this “so-called” drug Revival. There is a backwards “E” in the word “Revival” on the ad, which is Eminem’s signature logo.

The campaign said, “REVIVAL is proven to effectively treat people with Atrox Rhythmus,” and the next sentence went on to say–which is the most telling of his secret message– “If you’ve tried other treatments without getting the AR symptom relief you need, REVIVAL could be music to your ears.” This is not an actual condition, and it all fell together on November 28, when an Instagram video was surfaced by Dr. Dre with the caption: “Use as prescribed by your doctor. @eminem.” Thus, it was discovered that this was a fake advertisement that was part of a larger campaign to promote Eminem’s newest album, Revival.

After videos surfaced via Twitter and Instagram, Eminem confirmed that he’s set to release his new album Revival on December 15. It has been quite some time since Eminem has created amazing metaphors and punch lines that ascended him to unprecedented fame in the early 21st century. In fact, he hasn’t released an album since 2013’s The Marshall Mathers LP 2, and it also came to my surprise that he is creating a continuation of his previous albums. This album is a compilation of Eminem’s trilogy of albums such as his 2009’s Relapse and 2010’s Recovery.

On November 10, Eminem performed on Saturday Night Live his Beyonce collaboration “Walk On Water,” which was performed live at the MTV EMAs. He also performed his 1999 hit “Stan” and 2010’s “Love The Way You Lie.” Soon, we won’t be hearing his old, famous hits on repeat, but instead new, intense album full of emotion and purpose.