Project Safe Prom 2017

As spring approaches, so does the planning and preparation of the much anticipated school dance, prom. This year marks a new beginning for Lake Forest High School’s prom as a change in venue to the Hyatt Regency O’Hare will provide students with more time to spend at prom 2017, “A Night in the Clouds”.

The students at LFHS have the privilege of traveling outside their school for the dance. While many schools do not find this feasible, LFHS students are fortunate to travel safely by bus. This year the total number of buses is likely 18. It is no surprise that students are very fond of the entire prom experience as a whole and the security, safety and travel arrangements are part of the foundation of a successful and enjoyable event.

To sustain the prom tradition, students will still use buses as a means of transportation to and from the venue. With over 800 students attending prom, the program “Project Safe Prom” helps raise funds via generous donations. These funds are used to help cover the costs of the buses as the cost of transportation in total reaches $20,000. With the support of community members and families, to help cover these expenses, donations will be a vital key in reaching the goal.

To help support the prom, please donate to help maintain a safe environment while still allowing students to have an unforgettable night.There are several ways to donate to “Project Safe Prom 2017”. We hope that you can help support the class of 2018. For more information and ways to donate please visit the school website for further information.